Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kjones, Oct 27, 2005.

1. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I have the pleasure of owning this beautiful bass. First, the tone is exceptional. It plays amazingly fast, has the neck shape I love, and looks beautiful IMO to boot. It is perfect for me, and I just hope that you find a bass that makes you as happy as this one does me.

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Congrats man!! That's an incredible looking bass!!

3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Whoa, that looks new to me, that's a P-body right? I love the control layout on that with the flame, it's gorgeous. Sound clips!

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats some beautiful figure right their, all the best with it. :bassist:

6. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Thanks, fellas. Yeah, tplyons, it's a P body with J pickups. When I was a kid growing up, I just loved the way Ps looked and felt, and putting together a bass to my specifications, may as well do it the way I like it. I love the P pickup as well, but I already have one of Roger's PJs.

The soundclips will be a definite. I'm playing this weekend and will try to get something from that up as soon as I can. Had rehearsal tonight, worked hard on Cause We've Ended as Lovers, and it was great the way it was smooth during the head, but when I dug in during the guitar lead, the sound just exploded.

7. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
  8. None?

9. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Geeze, I may kick you, too. I didn't see that one on the site. It's pretty distinctive with that burst, etc. Very tasty in an understated sort of way.

10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Beautiful bass all around - love the burst, the top, the P shape, and the pickup configuration.

Enjoy!
    Marshall