SOLD Fretless SBMM Ray34

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BenCampbell, Jul 27, 2019.

1. BenCampbell

BenCampbell Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Selling my beloved Sterling by Musicman Ray34 Fretless bass. Bass is in great condition and plays like an absolute dream. Sounds amazing and really nails the Tony Levin vibe. Comes with LaBella white nylon tape wounds and upgraded Seymour Duncan pickup and preamp with push/pull contour. It really is a lot of bang for the buck, I just can't justify having two fretless basses at the moment.

$415 Local sale only at the moment.

Bass can be heard on these tracks:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. BenCampbell

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price drop!

I also should say the build quality on this bass is extremely impressive - I've owned/own my fair share of vintage and new fenders, hofners and og starfire and I have to say I was blown away at how solid and smooth this bass feels - great fit and finish. Very different than the Indonesia SUB series (which I used to own). I feel the naming of the EB lines really confuses things.

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Fretless370 likes this.
  3. Man, you really rocked that thing!

BenCampbell likes this.
  4. BenCampbell

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks! It really is a great bass.

5. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
    Nice bass. What does it weigh?

6. BenCampbell

Sep 7, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    It’s a bit of a chonk at around 10lbs, but I figure fretless is such a specific niche to me I was never gonna play a 3 hour gig with it. Mostly just a couple songs in a set or for recording. I can get an exact weight shortly :)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021