Fretless technique books??

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by caesarbass, Feb 18, 2005.

1. I've played fretless for the passed 8-9 years, and I'm always on the lookout for new publications on f-less bass. Do you guys have any fretless bass instructional books, with or without an accompanying CD, that you would recommend?
  2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    "Fretless Bass- A Hands-On Guide Including Fundamentals, techniques, Grooves, and Solos" By Buny Brunel and Josquin de Pres (Hal Leonard, 2002)
  3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The March '05 Bass Player has "100 Fretless Bass Workouts"(Mel Bay) on it's Product Spotlights page(p.104).
  4. Jim K, funny you mention that, I was just thumbing through the new issue of Bass Player, and there it was, I think the price is only about $8.00. I'm ordering it Monday.
  5. Testing out the quote button....
  6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I know that this is an old thread but wanted to get your thoughts on the Mateo book. I found it very basic and geared to the first time fretless player. I did learn some new tricks, though.

IMHO I really didn't like the slapping on the fretless stuff. I think that the clips sounded lame.