1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fretless Vintage

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barbarian, Oct 30, 2002.

1. barbarian

barbarian

Sep 15, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hello, once again, chaps. I recently explained my want for a Carvin LB75, but unforetunately, the possiblility of getting one has become impossible.

The reason I wanted to import a fretless is because I could NEVER find one in an Irish shop (in stock, anyway). ... Cause I'm from Ireland, :D.

But, last week I wandered into a music shop for the first time in a few months, noticed 2 fretless basses. One was for 410 euro ($410 dollars, roughly I think), and one was for $370. The second one was a Vintage v70 4-string fretless, and I asked the guy if I could play it. When it was in some amp I slapped and popped and slid up and down the fretboard (it's a great novelty if you've never played a fretless) and I decided this was all I needed. This sounded brilliant, felt brilliant, and I was suprised at how easily I was able to play on a fretless with no markings. I've decided I'll buy it this week, since it's basically the best fretless I can buy in my own home town, and I'm completely satisfied with it. I would very much like to read a review, or hear your thoughts on this bass if you happened to have heard of it or played it. I'm positive I'll buy it, but if I get a forum full of experts telling me not to... I may reconsider. :D

Thanks a lot dudes.