Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Vintage

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barbarian, Oct 30, 2002.

1. barbarian

barbarian

Sep 15, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hello, once again, chaps. I recently explained my want for a Carvin LB75, but unforetunately, the possiblility of getting one has become impossible.

The reason I wanted to import a fretless is because I could NEVER find one in an Irish shop (in stock, anyway). ... Cause I'm from Ireland, :D.

But, last week I wandered into a music shop for the first time in a few months, noticed 2 fretless basses. One was for 410 euro ($410 dollars, roughly I think), and one was for $370. The second one was a Vintage v70 4-string fretless, and I asked the guy if I could play it. When it was in some amp I slapped and popped and slid up and down the fretboard (it's a great novelty if you've never played a fretless) and I decided this was all I needed. This sounded brilliant, felt brilliant, and I was suprised at how easily I was able to play on a fretless with no markings. I've decided I'll buy it this week, since it's basically the best fretless I can buy in my own home town, and I'm completely satisfied with it. I would very much like to read a review, or hear your thoughts on this bass if you happened to have heard of it or played it. I'm positive I'll buy it, but if I get a forum full of experts telling me not to... I may reconsider. :D

Thanks a lot dudes.