Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Warwicks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Jul 8, 2001.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    well, can anyone who played one comment (positively or negatively) on their sound?
    is the "sound of wood" a good fretless sound?

2. i cannot speak from my own personnal experience, as far as how fretless warwicks sound, but i love the feel and sound of fretted warwicks, and from what i've heard people love the fretless ones as well

3. i've played one, a fretless corvette, and it sounded SO money. it gave me a real fretless jones. you shouldn't have any problems trying one out, GC stocks lotsa warwicks (around here, at least).

4. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    first of all, this is my 300 post...

Pesci1313, thanks, I happen to like the sound of fretted Warwicks too, thats why I own one :D
    I just have an electric g****r I don't play which I can trade in and get a very good resale and this can be used as a rebate on another Warwick bass at a store near my house.

Dancehallclasher, what do you mean by "SO money"? btw, I live in Israel, I don't happen to have a GC near my house (I don't know if thats good or bad).

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    when i was in new york a few years ago i played a rosewood bodied 4 string dolphin.

i came in my pants.

oh yeah, christian mcbride's only fretless is a fretless fortress. go to christianmcbride.com and watch his "little sunflower" video to see and hear it. it sounds AWESOME.

jason

6. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    ok thanks Jason, I was afraid Warwicks will sound too aggressive as a fretless though.

anyway, my plan was to order a Streamer Jazzman5 fretless and then swap the neck with my fretted LX5.
    I think this makes for a perfect combination where I can coax out pretty much every sound I'll need from two basses alone.

if you guys know about any technical issues that are involved in my Frankenstein plan then I'd be more than grateful if you could inform me of them.