Fretless Wishbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The 0x, Nov 23, 2003.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'm thinking about joining Jazz band at school, but will probably need a fretless. I like the look of the buzzard, but at the 2K price for even the cheapest Warwick buzzard, they are way out of my range. But do you think Wishnevsky could build me a decent (with a trussrod) fretless Buzzard for under $500? :confused:
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You will hate the wishvensky. They are cool, but not "I need something now" cool...

There are so many better options for under $500...

Mexican Fenders, Essex, etc...
  3. No.
  4. Ox, I would check with the muisc department and see if they really need you to be on fretless in order to join the Jazz Band.

Most schools supply the bass, not all but most.

Second, the Wish bass is not a good choice for fretless.

If you do a search you will find a mega- thread on the wish bass that, Talkbass purchased. You can see for yourself what others who have ordered and play these basses feel.

5. Talk to Steve, from what I hear he is very flexable, I own 4 Wish basses, one has a truss rod, but there hasnt been use for it yet. I am extremly happy with mine, especially the Peanut style. My Peanut 5 string is my favorite bass next to my Stingray.

Most people here are nitpicking on cosmetic problems of the Wish. ture his finished products arent all shiny and new, but yiour getting your moneys worth dollar for dollar, and they sound awesome IMO.

I personally resand the bodies and apply Tung oil and they look great, and are affordable for me, I dont have mega bucks to pay for an exotic bass. I plan on having Wish make me one to my specs very soon. then I will sell of one or 2 of the Wishes I have now, which will be hard cause Im a GAS addict! :D

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'm not touching any school-supplied bass, because it'll be a beat to hell Squier that sounds like poo. No thanks.
  7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    And I would buy it unfinished, sand it, then apply a tung oil coat.
  8. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yep, what he said! I'm enjoying my Wish...
  9. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!