Fretless.. yes. STRINGLESS...!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LiL BaSS DuDe, Jun 9, 2001.

1. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    OK, this has nothin' to do with bass, but its rather funny.
    The gutaristin a band at a talent show were playing around, jumpin' upand down etc, getting the crowd wild... :)

'OK, this is our best song, so get ready man!'' the lead vocalist/gutarist screams...
    He strums.. and I think it was 5 strings snapped!
    'nuts'. :D
  2. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    That is ****ing funny.
  3. HAHA, sounds like a great song! Hope it wasn't their first performence because maybe there was a record exec nearby!
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA

Wait, and why would there be a record executive at a school talent show?

5. I had the same thing.. i thought ' lets do a wild bass-solo '...

yeah.. it was wild allright.. i snapped my B-string with it.. :(
  6. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    How does one snap a bass string? This concept escapes me completely. If you break your bass string, you're just playing too hard.

On a related note, my band was playing at a Buddhist service (a mutual friend asked for a favour, and it's not like we had a lot of gigs) once. We were very intent on doing a Metallica medly for this concert. It's a metal band, so, yeah, Metallica. Anyway, we were gonna start with For Whom the Bell Tolls and then lead directly into Creeping Death. I didn't know Creeping Death very well at all. Well, we played through For Whom the Bell Tolls, and kicks much boo-tay on it... and then, on the very last chord before the transition to Creeping Death, the lead guitarist snaps one of his strings! We ended up cutting out Creeping Death while he changed his string. Talk about luck. ;) Thanks to that curious happenstance, I successfully avoided screwing any of our songs up. Hehehe.
  7. travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I was playing a gig at my school with the jazz band for some old person lunchon or something like that and we were playing "Night and Day" and half way through my D string broke and I had to keep playing but having to shift up and up and down the neck untill the song ended. Luckly it was the last song and I still had my double bass anyway.
  8. furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    trav: I love that song. =)
  9. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
    Yeah.. I've never seenanyone snap a string while playing... But I know someone who snapped her g-string :)Pheh:p) while she was putting the neck back on.....