fretless ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Feb 17, 2002.

1. I went to Musikproktiv yesterday to check out the Warwick Streamer LX-5 vs. LX-6, and i've made up my mind.. 6 it is ! :D

but then my eye fell on a 4-string streamer Stage-I fretless.. i pucked it up and played on it for a while.. now that was something wicked ! :eek:

I dunno.. maybe, just MAYBE i'll get the LX-6 fretless.. but i dunno yet.. fretless does sound very nice with fingerstyle, but it's hard to locate the right position if it's unlined.. :(
  2. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Give it a month, Allodox! Full time, of course. If you have been playing enough to build a decent ear up 'til now, you will not want to get back to that allwaysslightlyofftunesuckingmetalrib neck again.:)
  3. Good choice Allodox, six strings rule (and you become a member of the six string wussies club for free! [​IMG] )

Talking about fretless, I played one a few weeks ago and I want one ever since. The sound of those basses is just awesome.

BTW. is musikproductiv worth the trip? I have got a vacation right now and I'm thinking of checking out some music-stores, I have got a car this week so I could go to Music Productiv, just don't know if it's worth the ride.......
  4. ctorre

Feb 18, 2002
    USA, Seattle, WA
    Lined or unlined fretless, you'll still need to work on your pitch recognition. I'd say go for the 4 string fretless you played (and liked).
  5. Get the LX-6 fretless! You KNOW you want to....