frett buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by markG, Jun 23, 2001.

1. markG

May 26, 2000
    The other day I started to get a really bad buzz from the Bb on my E string. I'm pretty sure its not the action because this is the only note that is doing this and I don't think its the string because they are new and they have no kinks in them. I was wondering if anyone get tell me what might be causing this problem and how I could fix it.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Frett Buzz?

Movedd to Setupp.
  3. What kind of bass mark?

any thing new, i.e. strings, hot weather
  4. markG

May 26, 2000
    It's a carvin and the strings are new, but the reason i replaced the strings was because i thought that might be the problem.
  5. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    One place only.....
    Where does the noise come from? Above the fret (towards nut) or below (towards bridge)? Is it the string rattling or something else? shuold be the string, if it's only in one place it rattles.

At this level of info, I'd say one fret too high, or a too wide nut slot. 80% probability on the high fret thing. 'nuff thinking on the keyboard...
  6. I JUST experienced the same thing, only its on the B on the E string, it only happens on the E string, not on the A or so on. Its like the fret is worn down on the E side only. My thinking is if it was the string then the whole string would buzz, not just one note.