Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretted Jaco Tribute RI 1999 for Trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xhawk4, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Hi all. I'm looking to sell or trade my '62 USA Fretted Jaco bass Tribute RI. My bass in in near mint condition. It has all the case candy and such. This bass was the first run in 1999. Serial # is T900040, with Jaco's signature on the neckplate.

It was a gift and I would prefer to have a '62 RI with two stacked knobs and a pickguard installed. I cannot bring myself to drill into this bass for the pickguard.
    It plays and sounds like a dream. All that vintage tone is there. My wife paid $1200 for it and I'll take $1100 or a '62 RI with two stacked knobs in the same mint condition.

My bass was a store demo for years. It was on the top rack, (so no-one could get at it without asking for assistance). It has two, small hanger marks on the under-side of the headstock. These marks are only rubbed clearcoat. Thats it!! Otherwise, it's in MINT condition.

Thanks,
    Lawrence

2. No-one interested at all?
    Bump.

3. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    Hi, what is the weight on this bass?