Friday 13th

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oysterman, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    So, today's the day when everything happens. Where and how did luck fail you today?

As for myself, I dropped a TV 7 feet onto a concrete floor. No, it didn't survive. Good thing it's government property - I'm sure they can afford spending $400 on a new one.

I also sliced up my index finger between a big-ass heavy-as-hell crate I carried in my arms and the edges of a radiator. Not badly hurt, but it bled quite a lot.

Only five more hours till midnight - I keep my fingers crossed that nothing else happens...
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Nothing has happened to me, of course, I have yet to go to work today. I doubt much will happen though, Friday nights are notoriously slow. (All the good thieves are out partying.)

Today is my mom's birthday, though. Hopefully nothing but good things happen to her.
  3. Ouch! Sorry to hear that Oysterman.

So far my luck hasn't been bad. I was walking over to one of our three buildings and as I was walking up to the door, someone else was coming out and the door hinge simply came off. These are 8 foot glass doors too. Glass shrapnel would have gone everywhere, but luckily the guy caught it before it fell.

Maybe that's a sign. :(
  4. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    today has been pretty good for me. i just got a call from a pretty big local band saying that i got the job. WOO-HOO!!! i've had 4 auditions with them in the last month and got a call today with the good news. so no complaints so far today.
  5. I don't know what you're talking about. It's a beautiful day, I got a new bass (Shameless plug :D) and I'm going to a party later. Bad luck, smad luck. :)
  6. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    well.. i found my bday present..
    my bad luck
    my parents got me the boss gt-6...not the gt-6b =(
    ... will the frequencies work?
    well.. im sad right now.. cause i know in a couple days when i get it... ill have to tell my dad that it wont work for bass.. and he will prolly get pissed offf...
  7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Why don't you just buy a guitar?

I like Friday 13th.
  8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    hey phreaky.. yeah good idea..
    the only thing ill use on my bass is modulation.. there is a 7 string wah so maybe i can get a little bit of the right frequency out of it..
    maybe the wahs will work..
    i have an acoustic-electric washburn... that im in the process of putting a new pickup in.. *grin*
    so i have a guitar and i play regular guitar just fine.. so i think im gonna keep it..
    friday the 13th aint bad though.. i had my 6 weeks test in biology.. and i made a 95! ...last year i failed biology with 40s and 30s the whole year.. =X

gunner.. have any pics??
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    LOL my 13th birthday was on a Friday 13th LOL
  10. That means it wasn't only your Golden Birthdat but also your Unlucky birthday, too.

School was fine for me. Except for projects and papers, but that doesn't count. Well I did just get a weird rash on my leg. I have to get driven 120 miles to a Boy Scout ranch and work all day tomorrow. I should get there late tonight, so who knows. I also have to mow the lawn before I leave.:rolleyes:
  11. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Nothing bad has ever happaned to me on a Friday 13th. I consider it my lucky day in fact. I just found an unopened bottle of Ruddles County in my fridge - how lucky can you get? I rest my case! :)
  12. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    The only thing that has ever happened to me on a Friday the 13th was a Quantum Mechanics exam.

Needless to say, I am now a believer. :eek:
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I actually believe that Friday 13th are lucky days... I mean, how often do you come across these days?... but that's just me
  14. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Why is Friday the 13th unlucky anyway ?
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    'Cause it's when Jason decides to kill a bunch of horny campers :D I love Friday the 13ths. 13 is my favorite number (bday is the 13th), and when I was a kid, the USA network always had a Friday the 13th marathon on Friday the 13ths, which is one of my favorite bad horror movie series. I haven't watched tv in years though, so I don't know if they still play them or not.
  16. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Maybe you can quietly exchange it... Do you know where it was purchased?
  17. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Nothing happened to me, and I was even carting a bass amp on top a a piano down a hill. :D
  18. No prblems for me today. Better-than-average sales, had lunch with my fiancee, had no rude customers, and the night was very peaceful and beautiful.

And now, after I'm finished with this, I'm going to bed. Lots of rest, I have to be at work at 6.:eek::mad:

Rock on
  19. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    damn, i forgot it was, well, that could be why today sucked. i was jsut real depressed today for no apparent reason, and i'm usually a happy person. then, i hurt myself in soccer practice. after that, i get home and my mom won't let me go out ne where. hmm, least it's over now
  20. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    Well.. update on our situation
    I found the recipt..
    The thing is.. Im really happy with my bass tone..
    Yamaha Rbx..alder body... and ive updated the pickups to seymore duncans..
    =D and im updating the bridge sometime in the next year..
    well ...he payed 320.99 for the gt-6..
    This is the third year my dads messed up my birthday and i feel real bad cause i love my dad and hes the coolest dude ya know.. its just people like to take advantage of his lack of guitar and bass knowledge.. i can tell because he gets soooo frustrated when i talk to him about bass'.. because he doesn't speak my language.. he plays his hammond.. he knows theory out the ass.. but..
    He doesn't know about.. woods and pickups and all that mess.

So instead of taking it back.. and getting the gt-6b for a hundred more..
    Im gonna sell my acoustic/electric and then put that with my money i have saved up .. (60).. and then get him to help me buy(like pitch in 50 bucks or so)... and help me get the telecaster i really have gas for down at mars.. it plays like a dream...
    yes it is a squier fat tele.. and it plays better than any MIA telecaster in that store!