1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Friday 9-6 at Full Circle Saloon in Santee, CA

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by zon5string, Sep 10, 2019.

1. zon5string

zon5string Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Metal gig with Woke Up Dead - A Tribute to Megadeth (my band) and Domination CFH (Pantera trib). My standard rig GK MB Fusion 800 + GK Neo 212 II and Jackson CBX V David Ellefson Signature bass.

Loads of fun....place didn't seem as full as some times I've been/played there, but the owner loved us and we got a small bonus over our guarantee.

No real issues, other than a good level check, then unable to hear my bass when we actually started playing. I was DI-ed into FOH, so I just brought my stage volume up a tiny bit and all was well. IMG_6882.JPG WUD at Full Circle 9-6-2019.

nixdad, arbiterusa, dbase and 14 others like this.
  2. "what da ya mean i cant get to work on time"
    "Got nuthin better to do"
    Love it! Thanks for posting!

nixdad and zon5string like this.
  3. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi @zon5string!

Nice rig. Cool gig. All that fun, plus a bonus! You guys are rawking hard! :)

Do you know Adam Brannon?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Sore Thumb and zon5string like this.
  4. zon5string

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I DO know Adam. We've known each other for years. Back in the 90s we were in a multi-tribute act anchored by a Blues Brothers, but also featured Buddy Holly, James Brown, Michael Jackson, Patsy Cline, Shania Twain, Tina Turner.....

Sore Thumb and McG like this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Adam and Mrs. BassCliff went to high school together. Once in a while we'll travel down to Santee for a reunion, a jam, and general merrymaking. Small world.

I haven't seen any of Adam's current projects, but one of these days...

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Sore Thumb likes this.
  6. Verb the Noun

Verb the Noun

Aug 1, 2018
    San Diego
    Your guitarist (guy on the far left in group pic) is in every tribute band in SD I swear!

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Cool gig! I did not know Bruce Springsteen was in a Megadeth tribute band. Your guy looks like him. :)

[​IMG]

zon5string likes this.
  8. zon5string

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Nope. Must be a doppelganger....this is the first band he's been in since 2012 or something.

9. Verb the Noun

Verb the Noun

Aug 1, 2018
    San Diego
    Doppelganger it is then, in that pic he looks just like the guitarist in Sound Slave. That dude is in so many tribute bands I just assumed yours was another.

10. zon5string

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Ah. That's Alec. He is in a couple....Sound Slave, the Deftones one, maybe others. I mean, I get around a bit, too, but I don't usually "join", just "fill in"....

Verb the Noun likes this.
  11. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Nice gig, nice rig ,nice hair .. I'm jealous.. ;)

zon5string likes this.