Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Friday's NYC Get Together

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 27, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yesterday i had the privilage to get to know personaly two of our talk bass bretheran Bustin Justin and Michael Jewles.The evening started with Justin and i going on down to 48th street and jamming for a whille, i think we both concer that Rudys was the best thing going on the street, it's pricey but compared to the other bass stores that were pretty much bass cemetary's on the block they had the most playable stuff.After rockin for over an hour and buy the way justin has some pretty good chops look out, we proceded to go meet Mike over at Finnagens Wake on E.34 st and 1 st. It's allways hit and miss when meeting someone for the first time i did call hi Mike several times but he did not here so then i said "hey Potato Head "no response. So i go and have a few sips of my of my beverage and figure let me give it another try then i get his attention.We all order several rounds and some Dinner and Chat about basses and the current state of the union on Talk Bass and all of you, i even got my shirt off to show some ink ;) . Good time was had by all and next time we hope to all be able to jam together. Mike is funny in real life too so that should be a high enough incentive for you all to come out next time.I think i made some life long buddys last night. The End :)

2. MAJOR METAL

Justin

I remeberd the name of the bass you were rockin on in Rudy's it was a Ritter. See i am not that senial. :)

3. Right back at you Major. I feel that we all "clicked" that night.

And to think that I brought my camera, and didn't take a single photo. :bawl:

We shall do it again. ;)

Mike

4. MAJOR METAL

I am tottaly up for another get together Mike, lets make it a friday after lent so i can have some meat with my brew.

5. MAJOR METAL

Lets set a date for a jam.