Fried Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigTed, Apr 12, 2003.

1. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    A couple of weeks ago I pulled out the old DOD FX91 Bass Overdrive pedal. I got it as a gift 4 years ago, and have only used it a couple of times because I thought it sounded like cheese-ball 80s distortion. When I plugged it in, I started to smell the craziest burning odor, and soon realized that I had plugged the incorrect power supply into it :eek:. When the smoke cleared I put it away figuring it was fried for good. Yesterday I pulled it out, just curious to see if it still worked, and to my surprise it had the sweetest old-school fuzz I've ever played with my bass and through my and rig.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think there is anything inherently dangerous using a pedal that I fried two weeks ago? I don't want to damage any of my gear, but the fuzz is sweet.

2. Remember kids, when it won't do want you want it, random violence always help! ;)

I've had that happen, with an old DOD distortion pedal.. i had to little fuzz in the pedal, and i plugged it in the wrong adapter... puff puff puff, i fried it to a crisp, but i still plugged it in, sounded like a really modded Rat pedal!