1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fried Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigTed, Apr 12, 2003.

1. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    A couple of weeks ago I pulled out the old DOD FX91 Bass Overdrive pedal. I got it as a gift 4 years ago, and have only used it a couple of times because I thought it sounded like cheese-ball 80s distortion. When I plugged it in, I started to smell the craziest burning odor, and soon realized that I had plugged the incorrect power supply into it :eek:. When the smoke cleared I put it away figuring it was fried for good. Yesterday I pulled it out, just curious to see if it still worked, and to my surprise it had the sweetest old-school fuzz I've ever played with my bass and through my and rig.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think there is anything inherently dangerous using a pedal that I fried two weeks ago? I don't want to damage any of my gear, but the fuzz is sweet.

-TED

2. Remember kids, when it won't do want you want it, random violence always help! ;)

I've had that happen, with an old DOD distortion pedal.. i had to little fuzz in the pedal, and i plugged it in the wrong adapter... puff puff puff, i fried it to a crisp, but i still plugged it in, sounded like a really modded Rat pedal!