Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Friend caught in skiing accident. Please read.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Feb 23, 2004.

1. One of my friends, Heather Richardson, was in a ski accident during the course of last week. She has suffered a fracture skull and shoulder. I learned about it from the teachers today at school, and of course, they are very skimpy on the details. She wasn't my closest friend, and neither was I to her. But we were friends. We were in the same karate class together for 7 years. This is really hard on me. Whats harder is that her best friend, who's one of my friends (at least I think. We fight almost all the time.) doesn't believe that I care for her. She thinks I just want to talk gossip, and thats not the case. She's also convinced men just don't care about emotions, and I'm pouring my heart out about this. I guess I'm rambling now, but I'm nearly reduced to tears over this. It's not that I thought it couldn't happen, its more of how it hit someone so close to me. So please, keep her in her prayers, or whatever sort of ritual you practice. :(

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    :(

She's in my prayers man...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, dude, I'm sorry. That sucks. She's in my prayers though. Best wishes to her, yourself and anyone else it affected.

4. I'm really sorry to hear that. I wish her all the best in her recovery. Anyone that knows you would also know that you care about Heather. Chances are that your mutual friend is just taking her frustration anger out on you. Don't even waste your breath on her - just keep focusing all your thoughts on Heather.

[k]

5. Hey man, thats a shame and i wish her and her family well. :(

You have my AIM name, if you need to talk i'm there for you bro.

:(

6. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    She's got some prayers here, too.

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Damn, dude that sucks. I have a friend who was also in a skiing accident, and broke her collar bone. :( Def. isn't a good winter.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I feel for her, seeing as i recently messed up m hip/pelvis/wrist snowboarding, which i am almost recovered from, after nearly 2 months. amen brother.

9. wish her a speedy recovery for me

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not cool. There have been several accidents at the ski resorts around here this year. I am always a bit concerned as my son heads up the slopes.

-Mike

11. thrasher717

thrasher717

Jan 17, 2003
    North Dakota
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I assume she wasn't wearing a helmet. They might not look cool on the slopes, but they should be required attire for skiing/snowboarding.

12. wow, sorry to hear that, FF.

as far as her "best friend" is concerned - screw em. they're not worth your time.

now for heather, i hope she gets better asap. maybe you could go and see her at th hospital or something? :)

gluck hope shes ok!

13. Harsh, sorry about that. Hope she gets better soon.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hope your friend Heather has a speedy and complete recovery!

As for the rest of them....what do they know....!

15. Wishing a quick and complete recoverty to Heather. As for her friend, don't worry about it; talk to Heather and let HER know you care, don't worry about what one of her friends thinks.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I hope she pulls through!

But do me a favor.... and think about the reason I had blocked your IMs last year and your thoughts & comments & jokes about Maurice Gibb and his untimely passing.... maybe your insensitivity in the past is stopping her from giving you the details.

just a thought :meh:

17. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I hit a tree a once while skiing...it hurt...busted a few ribs...hell I had bark embedded in my back.

She'll be in my prayers.