Friend is angering me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, Mar 14, 2005.

1. I decided to let one of my so-called "friends" borrow something of mine. He's had it for a couple of weeks, and I didn't really care about that. I've been trying to sell it, and I one of my real friends wants to buy it. So I'm trying to get it back from the person I let borrow it from, and he won't give it back.

First off, I have no job, and I am running very low on money. I don't really want to rely on violence, but if I must I am going to.

So do you guys have any solutions on how I can handle this without relying on violence. I really don't care if I preserve the friendship or not because he's being a bastard and I realize I don't need friends like this. The strange thing is other than this incident he's been cool, but this has just gone over the edge..... :mad: :mad:
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Call his parents about it? (If applicable?)
    If not, threaten with calling authorities on him if he doesn't return it, and if he doesn't give it back, then actually call them on him :). A verbal contract is just as good as a written one, kepp that in mind. What were the conditions you told him when you lent it to him? He didn't think you were giving it to him, correct?

3. I can't call his parents or the authorities. We didn't really have a contract because I didn't think he was going to be a douche bag about it, but he definently knows I didn't give it to him.
  4. break into his house when he's not there and take it back.
  5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Like I said, a verbal agreement of any kind usually suffices. If not, just bug him, tell teachers or anyone who comes to mind (friends even) about it. Get it back, don't let him have it ANY longer.

6. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    If he's bein a douche to you about it, be a douche to him about it. Try posting flyers about how he's a theif all over your school. That should get results. Or harass him about it constatnly. Phone five times day asking for it back without even saying hello, IM and do the same. Maybe get some friends of yours to do the same. After all, everyone has their breaking point. :D
  7. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Dude keep pestering him about it. If HE turns to violence you know he's quite worthless. If he finally says OK OK, here it is, then take it, and know that this isn't a very trustworthy dude.

Either way he's no good.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow're in Marietta. I just spent the past week in Marietta going to a computer school on Powers Ferry Road. If you would have posted this yesterday, perhaps I could have accompanied you in a trip to reclaim your property!

So.....what exactly does he say when you ask for it back?

9. It's your choice whether or not you answer these two questions...but I can't help but think they are related.
    1) What is the item?
    2) Why can't the authorities be involved?

10. Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    I think you and I might be thinking along the same lines...
  11. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I dont know how it is where you are but here in Florida if you loan someone something and they dont give it back, you cant report it as stolen; its because you let them borrow it.

The best advice I have to offer you is to talk to your parents and let them know whats going on. Have them call his parents and arrange a time when his folks will be home then go over there with your parents and get your stuff back. If that doesnt work, then there is always small claims court.

I can more than understand why he should get thrown a beatin here, but there is no need to resort to violence in this situation. Yeah, you'll whoop him, but he'll still have your stuff when all is said and done and you run a good risk of going to jail for it.
  12. Do what Mike Money would do.

"Log" his shoes.
  13. Better yet, get Mike Money to "log" his shoes.
  14. I will log his shoes if someone covers shipping
  15. glnflwrs

Jan 25, 2005
    Hesperia, CA
    True, you can't report it as stolen because he took it with your permission. But he is guilty of absconding or embezzlement and you can go to small claims and a judge will order him to return it or be held in contempt and go to jail.

Put a whole, large fish wrapped in a paper bag under his house or in his car somewhere and tell him his breath stinks cause he talks s**t..
  16. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Do one better. Leave the fish wrapped in newspaper on his front door step and let them find it there in the morning.
  17. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Friends, friends. You're missing the point here.

He lent his friend "something" and "can't tell his parents or authorities". It seems we're talking about a "questionable" item here, one that he wants to sell, but perhaps shouldn't be "caught" with. That's how I read it.

So, normal channels of redress are unavailable. You have to get tough with him, for sure. He's treating you like a pushover. You have to choose whether or not you are going to act like one. He's being dirty, you can't be clean, so you either have to be dirty too, or you have to walk away from your "item".
  18. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Well, I was hoping it wasn't the obvious, but if it is, then you're better off without it.

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    At a glance of the subject, my first thought was Friends (the TV show) has pissed me off for years. *(#*$*(#((*@)$()(*$ing David Schwimmer!!! :mad:
  20. yeah, there's probably not much left either...!!!! :eek:

uhh, i mean of whatever "it" may be.... :eyebrow: