Friendly Gigspam (Fairfax, CA, 08/17)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I wish I could have posted this sooner, but I only learned the proper location's address and the time of the gig today.

This is the most exciting gig I've ever had. The singer I'm backing is from Guinea Bissau and he composes and sings his songs in French, English and Kriol, which is an africanized version of Portuguese. His name is Zé Manel and we'll be playing at the 19 Broadway on 19 Broadway Street in Fairfax, CA at 9 pm.

Zip code is 94930 if anyone's interested.

One more thing: Zé Manel is the author of the lyrics in my sig and we're playing that song.

Gotta catch some shuteye now. G'nite.
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'll be there.
  3. Hey Big Wheel,

Do you know if you'll be playing any gigs between the 22nd and 29th? If so, let me know and I'll try to come see ya. My mom will be out that week and I've got no ideas as to what to do.

Anyway, let me know. thanks
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Chaos -
    Funnily enough, (or unfunnily enough, depending on your timetable) I have one gig on the 22nd and one on the 29th, but nothing in between. Also it's not a Zé Manel gig, but my regular Brittany Shane gig (although I feel safe to say that the quality of the bass playing will be equally excelent [Insert drum paradiddle here]).

We'll be one man short on our 22nd gig. Our lead guitarist will be out of town. You know what that means - More bass solos!

I'll send you more info if you're interested.

Jazzbo, why is it that knowing you're coming makes me really glad, but also a teensy bit nervous? :)

Calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean...
  5. BW, please send some more info on both gigs.

Hopefully I can try to come to one (or both) of them.