Friendly Gigspam, Lehigh Valley PA

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Feb 28, 2003.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Gig Calendar
    I don't usually do this, but you can't see March unless you scroll to it on the calendar.

My first gig in band. No rehearsal really. Gonna be a hootenany!!!

Here's the promo flyer...

Churchill's Underground...Waiting For Ted ...after a looong holiday haitus (..wake up ted!)
    The new and improved version of WFT's 1st show 2003.
    We got some kickin new members, jammin' out the greatist hits along with some new songs. We have some great special guests (Maybe Jane), so add in some drinkin', and we're gonna be havin' helluva good time!

Churchill's Underground
    2nd and Main St. Emmaus
    Sat. March 1st
    Starting at 10:00

did we mention... special guest
    Maybe Jane
  2. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    BTW...I'm actually going to gig my Hartke Kickback 12 :D

That place has a really narrow stairway, and it's a super small room. I'm only playing over the drummer on Congas and my guitarist using his SWR strawberry blonde and the PA.

I think I'm going to put a mic between my amp and the congas.

Travel light!!!
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    what kind of material
    do you play ?
  4. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Originals...sort of jammy countrified blues rock.

Do you know anyone in this area? Mike Rauscher usually plays with us. This week, I think Sarah Ayers from BC and the Blues Crew is singing a few.

Though we do have a couple of covers thrown in.

I am drilling the the reserves too this weekend so I'll be beat...I have to leave the house at 5am and I get back around 6pm. I'll nap until 8:00pm and get to the show by till 2am, drive to the unit and sleep in the lot, take a shower and change and drift through the day...I'm sure I won't recover until next week some time.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    dude. zulu, you da man. and here' i thought my weekend was going to be intense with a 1 am gig tomorrow night.
  6. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i'll gather a few folks and we'll come up...

unfortunately, i know mostly classical players in the area. I've only lived in PA a few years; still trying to meet some electric players.:) :bassist:
  7. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm gonna regret it...I'm not a creature of the night.
  8. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Wow...that's cool. Say hello. I'll be the one with the bass. :)

If you've never been there, it is a smallish place. Sort of that beatnick-rattskellar vibe. Good beers on tap too...
  9. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Good to see you playing again, Zulu...enjoy your gig. Using the Pedulla?

BTW...I'll be puting the HA3500 to good use tomorrow night at our first paying gig.

10. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    I ended up using the Pentabuzz most of the show.
    With this band it's becoming my primary bass.

I did a solo section, which was fun. The guy who opened for us jumped up and added some accompaniment. It was a good time. We eneded up taking two of my pieces and sort of turned them into full blown songs. He even ad-libbed some lyrics.

I had fun.