1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Fringe"...What did you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fishtx, Sep 9, 2008.

1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Ok I just watched the new Fox Network show called "Fringe"...Wow, I think this is gonna be a good show...anyone else catch it?

2. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    It looked like a good show, but I could not get over how bad the sound was. One minute you'd be listening to people talk at normal volume then all of a sudden everyone was whispering or a conversation would be on tape. I had to constantly adjust my volume, so I stopped watching.

Very strange.

3. It seemed good enough that I'd watch another episode, but it was a little bit all over the place...and science-fiction as it may be, I had trouble suspending disbelief for a lot of the sequences.

4. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    It looks like the kind of slow paced methodical X-files suspense type show, only fast paced. But that was the pilot, I suspect the actual series will be more of a CSI science intrigue type show, or perhaps it will take a more fast paced action aproach.
    The pilot we saw was very fast paced, almost hectic at times...

I think for a nerdy action show it was pretty light on "science content", but I'm sure that's just me...

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    The suspended hallucinatory state was a direct rip-off of the movie Altered States. But with that said, I'd watch another one or two episodes to let it get rolling.

6. *Note to self* Look out for Fringe when it hits Australian TV in 5 years.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would be willing to give it a fair shake, but it sounds way too close to the X-Files from what I've heard for me not to think "ripoff". I could very well be wrong though - I haven't seen it yet.

8. I missed the first 10 minutes and never had a clue what was going on after that.

9. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    seemed "ok" to me.

it was pretty fast paced .. a lot of stuff happening real fast. the acting didn't seem that great to me either.

we'll see, i'll watch a few more episodes to see if i takes on.

10. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I channel-flipped back to it a few times, watched for a few minutes here and there. It was OK. The only part that really grabbed me was the X-ray images they used at each commercial break.

11. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I thought it was alright. The see-through skin was freaky. I'll watch it again.

12. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Since I was busy when it was on, we recorded it (DVR) and watched it later in the evening. Well, really my wife watched it while I slept. She said it was OK though.