Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frisbee dog!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jan 29, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Roxie is getting better at catching the frisbee. When she's really hyper and fresh she'll chase it down and sometimes jump pretty high and catch it. Yesterday she made this one catch where the frisbee was probably close to 5 feet off the ground. Boxers love to jump. Here's a video:

http://www.sentryelite.com/Frisbeedog.avi (1.8mb)

She's a little more tired in this video because we'd been playing for a while. Hopefully when she's older and gets better I'll be able to just throw it hard and fast and have her chase it down.

Note: You can see my neighbor's ghetto fence in the background. All the missing pickets are ones that Roxie has ripped out. :scowl:

brad cook

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Now THAT'S something children can't do.

Another reason dogs > kids.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah..the other day our friends brought their baby over. I kept throwing that frisbee and the baby wouldn't even TRY to catch it in her mouth...not even when I threw it straight at her face! Babies are stupid.

brad cook

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool dog Brad. My dog does not jump unless there is no other choice.

5. Huzzah! for Brad "DigMe" Cook!!!

6. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    Cool dog Brad... brings back good memories of when my lab was young and loved to do that for hours...

7. Mankind

Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    England
    Good looking dog their Brad! Mine let a frisbee hit her head when she was a pup when she missed it, haven't tried it since....

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Youre neighbors house is the stone one? Looks like your town is pwetty.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's brick. A lot of newer houses around here do have an Austin stone facade (a very whitish looking stone that comes from quarries in Austin). It's kinda in-style in central Texas and it looks pretty good. Now our house is red brick but I wouldn't mind having stone in the future.

brad cook

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    pppffffftttt!!! your dog is dyslexic! :spit:

Jaco can do that and then some.....we use cats!

11. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Whatever dude I can catch frisbees in my mouth better than your dog can. No, really, I know many people including myself enjoy and appreciate when someone posts something a little personal, thanks for taking the time to share that Cook.

12. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    I loved my dog too (Aussie shepherd, recently lost her), and she was awesome at catching a tennis ball on crossing patterns, fly patterns, all sorts of football-flavored moves (I had trained her which shoulder I would throw it over).

:) But my six-year-old boy can throw the ball back...

13. LOL

The only time our dog moves is when he gets something to eat. He has always been quite lazy and..ahm...big boned :D

14. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Boxers are just cool dogs period.

15. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Does she know your posting her all over the 'net :eyebrow:

16. I'm glad you're all enjoying Brad's movie.

I can't download it - I just keep getting a message that says: " Unable to dowdload an appropriate decompressor." :(

But I get the sound. :confused:

No doggie movie for me! :bawl:

Mike :crying:

17. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Nice catch! :cool:

The best frisbee dog I had was a male English Setter named Raider. He was good at all the fetch-type games, he'd even fetch a football! But he was also gun-shy, so he was utterly worthless as a bird dog.

The best frisbee dog I ever saw was a Border Collie my friend had. She would completely freak out when we'd grab a frisbee.

I've never tried the frisbee with my Chocolate Lab, but I'm sure she'd love it. I bet that dog would fetch a brick. And then she's chew it up! :D

18. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Don't try......I did with my lab, and the results weren't pretty......:scowl:

I love labs. Best dogs EVER.

BTW---awesome dog, Brad. I GOTTA get over there sometime soon. I'll be sure and bring the new Roscoe too :D