1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

From a record producer standpoint...

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by skaismyhero, Feb 21, 2008.

1. skaismyhero

skaismyhero

May 21, 2006
    Dayton Ohio
    Hello! I was scrolling down the list of forums and this one caught my eye because of your background as a record producer. A few of us in my band Shakebase (www.myspace.com/shakebase) think that it might be worth seeing what record companies think of our music. If you have the time, I was wondering if you could check out my band and vocalize your opinion on what could be done to improve our music.

Thanks! :hyper:

2. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Keep in mind that a record producer is generally a fairly well paid gig..

3. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    I would really like to be able to check out all the music that gets sent to me, but due to such a full touring and recording schedule it's almost impossible to listen to even the stuff I need to for my own work.

I'm currently in the middle of producing three albums, and I've just been on tour in Japan, Mexico and the US for the past month so I'm really stretched for time right now....

Producers will generally look for a song when looking for a successful recording. A good hook, an original sound, and a look.

Easy,

Janek