1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

From Boss RC-20 to RC-2 Loop station?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Low D., Aug 15, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,
    I m currently the owner of a beautiful RC-20 Boss Loop station and I was wondering if any of you went from this twin pedal to the new RC-2 single pedal. Any weird/noticeable changes, difficulties etc. ?
    Since I m not using the twin pedal that much, I m thinking of going with the single one so I could save some space in my pedal board and get some extra cash for something new. Any comments?
    Thanx in advance.
    D.

2. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    the only difference between the 2 is the rc-2 doesnt have loop reverse. honestly, i hate boss loopers, as they are very bad about having black spots at the end of the loop

if you already bought the 20, just sell it for what you can and get a jamman

if you do want a 2, its a good station, with nice options. the footswitches are almost a must for performance looping.

ill sell you mine, or trade for something

3. What do you mean by black spots at the end of the loop? Do you mean it cuts the end off your phrase? I don't have that problem with my RC20-XL :confused:

The RC-2 looks pretty cool, but I quite like the reverse loop on my RC20-XL (I wasn't aware the RC-2 was missing that feature) and reducing down to one footswitch seems like a pain to me (in theory, never actually tried one).

4. I dont have "black spots" either. :) Maybe thats happen when you dont step on it in the wrong timing or somethin?

Yeah didnt put much thought about the reverse, its a cool feature, but then again.... how many times does anyone use that? I can put a reverse phrase in a playback or something...

5. i have the rc-2. i think its pretty great. it doesnt cut anything from my tone and has some really great features for a single pedal. works great for me