From C1 land !

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by tintoazul, Dec 4, 2020.

1. tintoazul

tintoazul

Dec 4, 2020
    Hello everybody!

I am so happy to get in here. As a bassoonist I have been always attached to our beloved bass ground and sparkling harmonics, never left out the strings, so real that after some 10 years by now I am playing a very unique 8 stringed fanned fretted instrument Argentinian luthier made, which I came to tune by fifths in an odd way, mixing up some double bass, cello and violin extension, from C1 and beyond. Tuning is as of C1 G1 D2 (bass strings) A2 E3 (guitar wounded strings) F3 C4 G4 (guitar flat strings) going up to F7! with DiMarzio Split P humbuckers vol+tone output A and DiMarzio Airzone DP192 neck humbucker vol+tone output B. Actually is a very beautiful hollow bodied instrument that I really love.
    And why am I here? Because of the searching for Mesa D-180 amp. This is the only one that let me swim into the sound. After having passed by a large amount of setups, once this gem appeared I think searching is over.
    This is the amp for my "special" guitar, no other. (Actually two of them).
    Thanks to the thread about it in this site I have been able to put my eye on it. They are very difficult to find in Europe so that is absolutely a special one.

Thank you for accept my presentation on this site, thanks again for support it. I will gladly enjoy a lot of info here expecting soon after to make some new musical friends and to share some musical "basix" experiences.

All the best !

JasonicNH, GregC and Oddly like this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome!
    That sounds like a fascinating instrument...any pictures or video you'd care to share?

3. Malcolm35

Malcolm35 Supporting Member

Welcome, do chime in, look forward to your comments.

4. tintoazul

tintoazul

Dec 4, 2020
    Thanks!
    Hope you like the photo and the instrument.
    roberta full.jpg

JasonicNH, GregC and Oddly like this.
  5. tintoazul

tintoazul

Dec 4, 2020
    Thank you.

Still looking for a speaker for those 3 strings C1 G1 D2, coming out from a 32 Hz fundamental, no easy task. I am still thinking of a Celestion G18Z-200. Because that bass region is always some kind of mystery to me. I think I will be learning so much in this site.