1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

from italy

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by barroso, Aug 30, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i really like your bass playing. honestly i havent heard everything you did, but i love the minutemen in particular. living in italy it's not so easy to find every cd and it's hard to see yuo live. will it be possible a tour in italy in the next months?
    another question is about your gibson thunderbird not reversed. if i remember correct it was blue. can you tell me if you have done mods to that bass? is there a webpage where you posted pics of that bass and maybe a brief history? i have always thought that you play cool bassline with cool basses.
    thanks and much respect
    marco

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

thanks for the nice words. here's a link to some shots of my basses:

http://hootpage.com/hoot_gallery-thudstaffs.html

what I did to the blue nonreverse t-bird was put in a bartolini preamp (the one w/the adjustable midrange control). I also moved the bridge up towards the neck to make it capable of being intonated correctly! I put smaller grover tuners on it to help w/balance and added a brass nut cuz they don't break - I've broken a few at gigs, believe it or not. I repaired the headstock too cuz I pulled it off on the first gig I used it! love that bass but the long scale started hurting my left hand. still can record w/it sitting down though.

on bass, watt

p.s. my ma's people are from italy!