Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

from italy

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by barroso, Aug 30, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i really like your bass playing. honestly i havent heard everything you did, but i love the minutemen in particular. living in italy it's not so easy to find every cd and it's hard to see yuo live. will it be possible a tour in italy in the next months?
    another question is about your gibson thunderbird not reversed. if i remember correct it was blue. can you tell me if you have done mods to that bass? is there a webpage where you posted pics of that bass and maybe a brief history? i have always thought that you play cool bassline with cool basses.
    thanks and much respect
    marco

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

thanks for the nice words. here's a link to some shots of my basses:

http://hootpage.com/hoot_gallery-thudstaffs.html

what I did to the blue nonreverse t-bird was put in a bartolini preamp (the one w/the adjustable midrange control). I also moved the bridge up towards the neck to make it capable of being intonated correctly! I put smaller grover tuners on it to help w/balance and added a brass nut cuz they don't break - I've broken a few at gigs, believe it or not. I repaired the headstock too cuz I pulled it off on the first gig I used it! love that bass but the long scale started hurting my left hand. still can record w/it sitting down though.

on bass, watt

p.s. my ma's people are from italy!