Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

From Michigan??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Nov 3, 2002.

1. hello,

just wondering who all here is from michigan. i myself am also, ionia michigan, halfway between grand rapids and lansing. wondering if there are any get togethers or something of the like anytime soon between michigand TBer's.

erik.

2. Chesaning (near Saginaw).

3. I'm fairly close to Ionia - I'm in surreal city, usa.

4. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    Harbor Beach here......east coast of the thumb...about 1 hour north of Port Huron

5. are there any get togethers or something that TBer's from michigan do??

6. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    I don't think there is but I think creating a Talk Bass Chapter Of Michigan(along with the other 49 states)...would be really cool!It would bring the bass player community even closer together...

7. ustillflyin

ustillflyin Guest

Oct 14, 2002
    Southeast MI.
    Yep...Tecumseh
    Q."Where the H... Is that?"
    A. about 30 minutes SW of Ann Arbor.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Huntington Woods, MI. A snooty community located at the corner of Woodward Ave. and 11 Mile Rd. about 3 miles North of
    Deeeetroit!

P. S. I've drank beer in Tecumseh.

9. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I'm holding down the low-end in Pontiac.

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I know it says "Canada" in the location field, but I used to play in the DET and I still come up (down?) to visit there every now and again.

Michigan has some of the nicest people I've ever known. :)

11. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Royal Oak... Near Detroit (and Huntington Woods, my godfathe/godmother live there :))

12. P. Aaron

Hey thrash, thanks for the compliment. If I'm not in "Off Topic" talking politics, I can be somewhat pleasant.

Canada has been kind to me as well. I have relatives there, as well as a great place to go to unwind, and consume lots of products.

Incognito, e-mail me if you want to show off basses one of these eves.

13. I'm originally from Sterling Heights (~10mi north of Detroit), and I spend most of my time at school in Ann Arbor.

Far as I know there haven't been any Michigan TB gatherings...hell, I can't even recall hearing about any in the midwest at all; seems like they're all in Cali or down south. It would be pretty cool though.

Hey, thanks Thrash! You Canadians are pretty cool yourselves, from my experience...not to mention letting us Americans that aren't quite 21 come over and drink ourselves silly. Oh, and can I burrow a doler, eh? ;)

14. we should scheduel a michigan shin-dig form us TBer's and such sometime then if everyone thinks and agrees it is that cool.. just a suggestion, i would like to see it done.

and yes, michigan has some really nice people here, except in downtown detroit and such, stray away from there.

15. Downtown D'Town is great. The Joe, Comerica, Ford Field. :D

16. heh indeed it is, i used to go there alot with my dad. we lived on harsens island. but now i live more towards the west side of the state.

17. P. Aaron

Royal Oak is the "in crowd" place nowadays. The eateries, the upper-middle class Harley drivers, th' Bars, the 'valet" parking! Ha Ha.

Royal Oak is Oakland county's "Frankenmuth!

But if you want to play live and get noticed locally...you gotta go and do it in ...DEEEETROIT!

18. Jackson, You know , its where the Prison is. Just about everyone knows someone who's lived in my town ,for awhile anyway's.

19. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm from lake orion here

20. cbaccus

cbaccus

Nov 4, 2002
    Birmingham, MI
    I'm here in Birmingham, MI. Born in raised in Los Angeles, but now am married to Michigan.

It's not so bad.