Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

from SABDDI to RBI = hiss

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, May 21, 2004.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Hi guys,

I switched from SABDDI to RBI yesterday and my system, i.e. the RBI(?) is producing a lot of hiss now. Nothing else has changed than the preamp. However, I've always used Phonic XP2000 (bridged to 1980W) as a power amp with the SABDDI and with this set up the poweramp gain has been half way up. With the RBI, I get the same volume level with the poweramp gain only 1/4 way up. Obviously the RBI packs more punch but it shouldn't hiss like hell - should it?

Anyone?

2. mine does the same thing....just turn the treble down....that's what I have to do....I'm gonna pick up a noise suppressor and hope that gets rid of some of it.

RBI = great sound but bad hiss

3. I would turn down the presence knob a bit and my tweeter when I used mine as part of my live rig.

Jeff

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I run bass into RBI into compressor into power amp, no hiss at all with mine. I keep Treble, Presence, Blend, and Drive all around 11:00. Also, I usually keep the EQ on my active basses flat (with passives, the tone pot is usually wide open).