1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

from SABDDI to RBI = hiss

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, May 21, 2004.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    Hi guys,

I switched from SABDDI to RBI yesterday and my system, i.e. the RBI(?) is producing a lot of hiss now. Nothing else has changed than the preamp. However, I've always used Phonic XP2000 (bridged to 1980W) as a power amp with the SABDDI and with this set up the poweramp gain has been half way up. With the RBI, I get the same volume level with the poweramp gain only 1/4 way up. Obviously the RBI packs more punch but it shouldn't hiss like hell - should it?

Anyone?

2. mine does the same thing....just turn the treble down....that's what I have to do....I'm gonna pick up a noise suppressor and hope that gets rid of some of it.

RBI = great sound but bad hiss

3. I would turn down the presence knob a bit and my tweeter when I used mine as part of my live rig.

Jeff

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I run bass into RBI into compressor into power amp, no hiss at all with mine. I keep Treble, Presence, Blend, and Drive all around 11:00. Also, I usually keep the EQ on my active basses flat (with passives, the tone pot is usually wide open).