1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

From the mind of a 13-year-old...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EricF, Jun 12, 2012.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    3ad79852.jpg

That this comes from the mind of my daughter makes me extremely proud.

2. Go ahead and gloat, pops. You earned it here :D

3. Not to take away her credit, but posts like that have been ALL over the internet. If she hasn't seen them, AWESOME job. But I believe I've seen that word-for-word on multiple sites.. either way, still cool.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    For her to be thinking like that at her age, mom and dad must have done a damn fine job. She's going places!

5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I can't get over the penmanship as well. At that age you needed a rosetta stone to decipher my writing.

6. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Slow-clap for the both of you. Take her out for ice cream (and maybe invite her friends).

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Hell yeah me too... I think she's going places, but I think we can rule out "doctor" at the moment - handwriting's way too good! :bassist:

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Simply beautiful to hear of any 13 year old thinking that way. I was far too jaded at that age, but slowly, over time, I rubbed the stone away.

9. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    You know, if she's jumping on a bandwagon of acceptance and not judging people, then that's a bandwagon I don't really mind too much. As long as that's what she really believes, I don't care whether or not the thought is original. At least she's not posting it on facebook just to get a bunch of cheap 'likes'....

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My daughter has grown up in a family that includes people who are straight, gay, big, little, and from different ethnicities. She has friends who have special needs, and some with physical disabilities. We (my wife, my ex, my ex's husband, and myself) have always emphasized the importance of accepting people's differences.

I have no doubt that this was inspired by something she's seen elsewhere, but it was powerful enough for her that she spent a long time writing a rough draft and very carefully creating her final piece. Remember, this is a 13-year-old on Summer vacation. When I was that age I was throwing rocks at lizards and jumping my bike off anything I could.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    She didn't, but I did. ;)

12. Super awesome, that is what society needs! Less judgmental people!

Lol, my handwriting is so illegible, I was told I had a doctors hand writing when young! All the doctors I've had have written prescriptions which seem like a code only Kent to be deciphered by pharmacists!

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Aint nothing wrong with that, Its a great way to spread good thoughts!

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    She's turning out to be very creative with graphic design stuff.

15. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Very cool.

16. ...I'm still crossing the street if I see a guy looking like a gang member walking towards me. Not that I need to worry since I never leave my house :p.

17. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Kudos on the open mindedness and understanding. Depressing as heck, but good job nonetheless.

18. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Inactive

Aug 15, 2010
    Cool that she thinks like this, but if she's taking credit for coming up with that, I'm sorry to say she just copied it from somewhere.

This page was cached by Google on August 14th 2011.

http://katiimichellex3.xanga.com/754078346/****-yeah-we-can-live-like-this/

And another one here on September 2nd 2011.

http://www.wittyprofiles.com/q/3742247

The message is still nice and I'm happy she's the non-judgmental type, which is always refreshing. I just hope she gives proper credit to wherever/whomever she copied this from.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have one for her to add....

See that black man with the hockey stick crying over there?
    He got traded from the Kings to the Flyers last offseason.

:)

-Mike

20. I didn't want to be the guy to say it but Strat did it for me, haha. Still a very cool thing for a kid so young to recognize and identify with. Not many kids think much of others so it's nice to see one break the mold. Middle school would've been a whole lot nicer with folks like her around.