1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

From Way Back

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by trips222, Apr 19, 2015.

1. trips222

trips222

Mar 22, 2007
    Balt City MD
    Hi Anthony,

Don't expect you to remember me, but I took lessons at Hot Licks from you in the 97-99 timeframe. I popped in and out playing for a bit, then after some moves and life stopped playing for a while. Getting back on the horse now and was happy to see your success. Nice to see a familiar face. Many of the small things you taught me then are coming back out but I'll be hollering at you sometime here in the future once I get my mind (and fingers) back into musical shape for a lesson or two.

-Tim Rhodes

ii7-V7 likes this.
  2. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    That's cool I have almost the same experience. I was a student at St. Mary's College and I drove up to Waldorf once every other week to take lessons. It was '98. My first lesson with Anthony opened up my eyes to what could be done with a bass. Best wishes, Anthony! And best wishes to you as well, Tim!

trips222 likes this.