1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

from where to get bass notation for these bands?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Mr. BassmanPT, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Mr. BassmanPT

Mr. BassmanPT

Aug 15, 2009
    Europe
    pink floyd,
    supertramp
    queen

i want music notation in the F clef, not tablature. any clues?

the search i have made only gave me tabs. i want those sheets for a tribute project to those bands

thanks

2. mbeall

mbeall

Jun 25, 2003
    Hal Leonard has bass playalongs for Queen and Pink Floyd but nothing for Supertramp.

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/The-Bass-Guitar-Collection/2961080

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/search?q=pink+floyd+bass

Having said that I would strongly encourage you to learn this stuff by ear and make the charts yourself if needed. The music by these bands is not very dense for the bass guitar so it's not going to be like transcribing a Parker solo or even a Geddy Lee bass part. You'll retain this stuff in your memory better if you figure it out for yourself. Sounds like a fun project. Good luck.

Mike

3. I'd check online sites that allow you to buy single songs like mbeall noted. I've purchased some sheet music that was dead on and others that I (along with MUCH help from TB) had to totally re-write. Most places will give you a 1 page preview so check that out to verify how accurate it is.

4. Mr. BassmanPT

Mr. BassmanPT

Aug 15, 2009
    Europe
    i already know the songs as i learned them by ear but i would like to have the official sheets.

I am at work now, will check those links later.

Thanks

5. Mr. BassmanPT

Mr. BassmanPT

Aug 15, 2009
    Europe
    just checked the links. i am looking for something free if possible.

6. Free is gonna be tough for what you're looking for, at least that's what I ran into. The best I could find was between $3 and $6 per song. That was at the link mbeall posted along with other similar sites.

7. Hans Brisbane

Hans Brisbane

Sep 6, 2012