Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

frostwave products

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by olps, Jun 25, 2002.

1. olps

olps

Nov 12, 2001
    Canada
    I'm looking into getting the blue ringer, and funk a duck. Does the funk a duck sound similar to the akai deep impact envolope filter setting, or an EH bassballs filter? Also, has anyone had experience with either of these pedals, especially the blue ringer ring modulater? Thanks a bunch!

2. The Funk-A-Duck is a brilliant filter but really not designed for functional use with a bass. I have chatted with a few *former* owners and even with Paul (I think his name was..) from Frostwave who kindly suggested against it for live bass. The reason being that the use-able range is so small...a slight twist of the knob and you've gone completely "off the edge" so to speak. Big Feet has tried one himself...great stuff Tho'.

3. Gee, I'm famous! lol

I agree that it shouldn't be an effect you use live (too much low end lost, not a good thing live), it was great when I tried it out. But the B-string on my bass sort of came out fffffift through the filter, it had a nice mellow sound though that wasn't too watery but very droning and almost nasil. It really gave me an interesting oscillator sound when I used it with the EH Bass Micro Synth. But I'd consider trying it out before you buy it.