Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

frostwave spacebeam theramin

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Jun 7, 2002.

1. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    has anyone used a frostwave spacebeam? i'm very curious about them. the frostwave website states that the bassist for the australian band 'the avalanches' uses one.

-steve

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nope, but because of your post I just looked at it online and will be buying one in the next two weeks!

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    cool! i hope to be getting one soon too.

4. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    if you get one, musictoyz.com seems to have the best price on these. let me know if you find one for cheaper.

-steve

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    That's where I plan on getting it.

6. my moog does that PERFECTLY... add fuzz to it and some delay and you can get some really tripped out sounds.

7. Actually, it being a therimin it's motion sensitive and is more of an instrument in itself. But moding it with your bass' signal sounds pretty cool you would be able to play infront of it to get more manipulation. You'd need a blanced line out to connect to it though. Blisshead, your BDDI can do this... But having a mixer or pa system to use with it couldn't hurt either.

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool. I'm getting one soon, very soon.

9. you should check out the triwave picogenerator before you get your heart set on the space beam... there's allot of fun sounds burried within this pedal. http://www.3mspedals.com/triwave.html

10. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    That thing is insane! I could spend a lot of money on one of those. In fact, at I most likely will eventually. Cool, thanks Bigfeet.

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i just got one of these on TGP. its ****ing rad

12. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Funnily enough my girlfriend made me google "theremin kit" tonight.

What I just said is that my girlfriend is encouraging me to purchase and assemble a theremin.

Attention: My girlfriend would like me to waste money on a theremin of all things!

I knew I'd picked a good one. :)

13. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Hah, that's a keeper. Clips asap!

14. I have a theremin. I like it. That is all.

15. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    does anyone have a moog theremin? mine has cool settings like glide and range? anyone else know if moog has these?

16. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
  17. Legitimate, too- bonus. :D
    After snagging a super-cheap-but-silly-fun(my 3-yr-old loves it)theremin recently, I must look into these. FORBIDDEN PLANET!