1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fruityloops and ACID : help :

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mandobass, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Howdy all,

I'm trying to get into these programs and learn how to synthesize beats. However, upon loading them up for the first time, they seem fairly in depth.

Are there any good guides or communities online regarding these programs that offer pointers?

any help on this matter is appreciated.

payce

2. Computer Music magazine (www.computermusic.co.uk) has regular tutorials on using Fruity Loops and Fruity Studio. Check out www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/floops/floopsmain.asp

I can also recommend having a look at the tutorial files for FL. They are actually quite helpful in showing some of the inner workings of the program and feature some neat tricks.

I found Acid (Acid DJv2.0) actually fairly self explanatory. You need to know how many beats are in your sample, but after that it's pretty straightforward. If you have specific questions though, let us know.

Cheers!
    Mike

3. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    MKS: thank you. your reply has offered a ton of insight.