Frustrated as Heck

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Tronictq, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Hey guys,

Been working hard these past 2 months, and 1 month before that i hadi njured my fingers, now just starting to slowly get back into playing... but, i feel i'm starting out way worse then I left of, and it's extremely frustrating. Will this pass? Will i get some skill back? *sigh*

-Frustrated bassist
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    What you describe is completely normal, and cannot be avoided. Just remember - the higher the level you reach before you lay off, the higher the level you will come back to when you resume.
  3. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    What Chris said ... has been true in my life. Just stick with it.
  4. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Bass is like anything else in life - you have your good days and your bad days, your ups and downs. Don't give up because of a bad day or a bad experience. It's all a learning experience. We have all gone through a similar thing.
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    All these guys have great things to say. I'd like to add this: give yourself permission to have a bad day once in a while. Don't always be in competition with yourself, by saying "well I did that yesterday". Some days are just better than others, have them and move on.
  6. Tronictq

Jan 23, 2001
    Thank you all for the positive reinforcement. I will NEVER walk away, just sometimes it makes me want to go to sleep. *sigh*

7. yea I have had 2 bad days in a row, tonight i rest.
    tommorow shall be better.

8. Hang in there my freind!!

Keep plugging away at it and do your best.Bear in mind that you are not back to normal due to the injury.Eventually you will get back to where you were and then some!!

Hey ,at least you have an excuse!!I`m not injured and I still suck! :D

Keep on keepin` on!