1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Frustration

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by curbowkid, Aug 23, 2012.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Anyone ever get so over the top frustrated and angry with things that shouldn't even happen? Things like common sense not being used and things of that nature. Or people being shady and deceiving. I'm honestly up to my ears with frustration over these things right now.

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    I used to but, other than venting when I drive, I don't get all bunched up about much, these days. When I was spinning around in circles, someone I worked with said "In 4 or 5 million years, who'll know the difference?". Ultimately, freaking out and getting mad doesn't work because it won't change everyone else. However, it could very well kill you. Stress, sometimes defined as "the frustration caused by the inability to choke the living crap out of someone" kills. I even bought a book for dealing with stress. It works- deep breathing, relaxation exercises, meditation and combining these lower blood pressure and heart rate easily.

Repeat after me- "People are idiots. People are idiots. People are idiots". I worked with someone who, apparently, is Buddhist. On a shelf over his desk, he had a note card with "Nothing is anything, Everything is nothing".

I live in the Milwaukee area. If you want to see Major League stupid, read this regularly-
    http://www.jsonline.com/

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    fixed that for you

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Not in a long while. I stopped holding expectations of other people so when they fail me now Im no longer let down.
    The only person who can frustrate me any more is myself.

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Yup, I do too. Then I do something stupid like take it out on innocent people around me and make it worse. Eventually I calm down, and start letting go of all the crap, but it's not always easy.

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Wowwwwww haha and I like that. Thanks for the tips :)

7. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I feel you. I've unfortunately done this. It sucks but sometimes you just can't help it. My name is Dan, and I am an angry person.

8. I just get frustrated that people do such dumb things in traffic, simply because their stupidity could get an innocent person killed.

Othat than that, if you set your expectations as low as possible then you will find yourself continually impressed :)

Peace,
    Greg

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Sounds like you have a pile of personal problems and are focusing them at the outside world.

Just sayin'

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Stop hanging out with the wrong people. It was amazing how much more enjoyable and fulfilling my life became once I realized who was and wasn't toxic to my well-being. That, and Matt's advice is also sound.

11. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I've cut every negative person out of my life. Druggies, alcoholics, compulsive liars, etc. I love life don't get me wrong, just sometimes things happen that are mind bogglingly stupid and dishonest (referring to my recent car issues).

12. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Nah I have learned to take my frustrations out by carving and building. I have long since stopped taking my frustrations out on peopleu

13. The American main street "news" media burns me.

I am so damn sick of being called a "racist", a "bigot", an "islamophobe" or “stupid” because I don't like what's happened to our nation in recent years.

14. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I have figured out for myself the only thing I can control is myself .

Figuring out how to deal with everything else is key ...

You can't control it but you can control your reactions

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Always good to keep in mind, and helps bring one back to serenity in times of fruustration.
    Ive lived by this for a long time, before knowing it as the Serenity prayer.

16. Demonjrx

Demonjrx

May 30, 2012
    United States
    This! ^

As for me, I tend to use art for releasing negative feelings, I typically just pick up a note book and draw until I feel calm. Lately though that's been an issue, people have just gotten on my nerves.

17. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Well that has got to be the most racist thing on TB.

Let me guess your fine with TSA screening for select groups?

18. merica.

19. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here here!

20. So you think I'm a racist because I don't like being called a racist by MSM? :confused:
    Nice try, but I guess you're OK with race-baiting to help divide the country ... just what we need. :scowl: GIGO

Who said anything about the TSA? You did. :eyebrow:

Lets stay on-topic.