1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS – SWR Super Redhead Amp with SWR Son of Bertha Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JFN, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWR Super Redhead combo amp features 350 watts solid-state with a tube preamp into 2x10” speakers with a high frequency horn. Includes front cover and casters. The SWR Son of Bertha cabinet features a single 15” speaker with an attenuator controlled tweeter for the ultimate in low-end. The two units work great together to provide a loud, powerful, yet clear bass tone.

Both units are in excellent condition and were made prior to the Fender buy-out of SWR (around 2005). I am the original owner. Price for the entire rig is $1100. I have only used this rig for playing at church and at home (no bar gigs). Local pick up in the Indianapolis area.

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Wu

Mr. Wu Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I just bought the same rig about 2 weeks ago ... Love it ... Free bump.

Wu

3. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Another bump. Output jumps to 450W with the extension speaker.

I always thought the Redhead was a great amp, and didn't always get the love it deserves, IMHO of course. For those who may not know, this is a killer combination, and a Great price.

Looks good, sounds good, because it is!

4. BigNoise

BigNoise

Nov 19, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Good Deal!

5. Bump for price drop to $1100.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have the SuperRedhead and a Triad cab. Sounds AWSOME!!!! One thing you can do is have it rewired in parallel. As it stands, the extension cab only gets 100W when added. If you wire it in parallel, the wattage gets devided into 225W to the top and 225W to the bottom. That REALLY lets you get the most out of the extension. It was my go to rig for 7 years! Sounds great and really holds up! Great price!

7. I have played this very rig and it handles my Victor Bailey V down to the B without breaking a sweat. In fact, I must acquire it. PM sent.

8. On hold pending completion of the transaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.