1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '05 MIA Fender Burst JB with Maple FB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ustabawannab, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Off to eBay. I'm closing the thread. Thanks for looking

Weight is 9 pounds 0.5 ounces. Strung with DR Lowbeams setup medium low on a very nice figured maple neck. Smooth frets in excellent condition. I added the Fender '62 RI Tort guard and finger rest. The original white guard still has the plastic on it. It's included along with all the original case candy. This bass has been well cared for. No nicks or dents. Never gigged. Just played in my practice room. (I've only been playing bass for about a year and a half after a 17 year hiatus) Driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays as they say :smug:

I'm asking $750 via Paypal or Money Order (if you're not in a hurry) Free shipping anywhere in CONUS. Sorry, I'm not interested in any other trade offers at this time. Though not for free, I will ship to Canada and the United Kingdom to a paypal verified address.

Folks, if you're waiting for big "price drop"... sorry. Though I know MIA JBs have gone for less sometimes, this is one of those "best in the store" basses. You know, you try three or four of the same model and this is the one that tells you "Take me home!"

It's that maple neck that sets it apart. It's the Geddy sound with the higher quality components of an MIA with more stable graphite rods. I'm a huge prog rock fan. I play with a pick and this thing has got stones the size of basketballs when I cut into it. I push in the S1 and play fingerstyle and its JPJ talking back.

Pickguard.
    Front.
    Frest-2.
    Back-1.

2. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Bump for a lovely bass! Sunburst bass with tort pg and maple neck is a great combination.

3. PM Sent.

4. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Thank you for the bump

PM's replied

5. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    beautiful bass.. good luck with the sale!

6. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.

Thank you :)

Old school is still cool.

7. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    If my budget wasn't so tight this thing would be gone already. Man, gotta love those MIA maple necks!

8. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    bump

9. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    I'm thinking about it!

10. I dont suppose you have a full frontal shot of it, do ya? You really need to see the whole thing to get the full effect.

11. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Bosy-2jpg.
    neckjpg.
    Front.

12. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    bump:D

13. rawrOOO

rawrOOO

Jul 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    i have the same bass but in black - same year and all. killer bass. maybe there was something about the '05's lol

14. jane87

jane87

Dec 7, 2006
    Waterloo, On
    Damn... if this doesn't sell in a couple of weeks... I might have to consider it! Can you pm me a shipping estimate for canada (postal code N2L 6E6)? Thanks!

15. AusTex

AusTex

Jun 2, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    PM sent.

16. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    PMs replied

17. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    I sold my Ric to somone in toronto and I thought it was less than $60 US to ship it.

You might wanna get going here. I mulling a trade offer and another sale.

18. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Keep me in mind with my trade offer

19. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    Has there been a pickup cover placed over the bridge pickup?

20. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Nope, no holes by the bridge. You should be able to see that pretty clear in the pics.

The 62 RI tort guard has the neck pickup cover holes pre-drilled in it but I didn't purchase the guard. The other thing unique about the Fender tort guard is the 11th hole above the neck pickup. I purchased Fender issue chrome screws and did drill the body and put in that screw. The original white cover does not have that hole so it would cover it if you put it back on.

Thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.