1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 09 Fender American Standard Jazz 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CLJMB, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Got this about a month ago from another TB'er. Thought I wanted to go back to a passive bass but I guess I'm an active guy after all, so this one needs to move on. Asking what I paid for it, $900 shipped to CONUS. Near mint condition, very, very small ding in back on the neck at about the seventh fret - far too small to photograph - probably wouldn't even know it was there if I didn't mention it.

2. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Previous owner's pics below. Bass is still in the same condition as I got it except I removed the plastic from the pickguard.

JazzFull.

JazzClose.

JazzBack.

JazzNeckplate.

3. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    ttt

4. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    and bump

5. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Why not just put some active pickups in it? Maybe, a preamp and some hum canceling pickups?

6. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    I've got a Roscoe 5 and a Stingray 5 that take care of my active bass needs. Also prefer the tighter spacing of those two.

7. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Good reason. PMed.

8. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Back at ya.

9. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    TTT

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Weight?

11. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    I have no way to measure exact weight, but my guess is around 9.5 pounds.

12. Scott McArron

Scott McArron Supporting Member

That's pretty damn sexy, I gotta say. How's the neck on it, Can it achieve a pretty low setup with little to no fretbuzz?

13. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Very nice neck. The action on this is almost as low as the action on my Roscoe and far lower than My Stingray 5. This is a really nice nearly new bass, just not the sound I need for my current situations. I really won't mind if it doesn't sell.

14. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Bump

15. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Knew I had seen this bass somewhere before, twas on my local craigslist! Free Bump for another local, wish he was interested in P basses!:cool:

16. open to trades?

17. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    My bump. ;)

Don't know about this, and not to break a deal or anything, but my '99 American Standard Jazz 4 can't handle low action very well. I prefer action around 1/2" anyways.

18. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    What does your 99 have to do with the OPs 09?

19. jarrhead

jarrhead

May 23, 2009
    It's an American Standard Jazz. I assume they're closely the same?

20. Over the years the American standard line has undergone a lot of changes. Especially from '08-present; in that year the line (and the American Deluxes) got an update and a new case.

While working at the local Long and McQuade the past two years, I've seen probably 2 dozen U.S.A. Fenders come through, all of which have been top-notch but one jazz that seemed to have scratchy electronics. (Fender's quality control has also been iffy over the years... but that's old news!)

Gorgeous bass... if it's still here in a few weeks, I'll grab it (when I have the money).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.