1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: (1) Set of Custom Carvin Bromberg Humbucking Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Mystic Michael, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    When I ordered my new Carvin Bromberg B25PF five-string bass guitar direct from the factory several months ago, I asked Carvin to customize a set of the stock Bromberg humbucker pickups for me - with four exposed conductors rather than the usual two, in order to facilitate coil splitting - for parallel/single-coil/series operation.

Carvin provided the custom option that I requested - but for some unknown reason, the pickups arrived with a flat top surface, without the usual 14-inch top radius. After the corrected pickups arrived, I ultimately just held onto these "flat-tops". But since I now have no real need, I'd prefer to just sell these to someone who could use them. As far as I know, they are unique.

These have never been used. They are in MINT condition.

Description:
    The RAD-H side-by-side humbucker features Alnico V magnets for great clarity along with deep, smooth bass response with excellent mid-range punch. Designed for 4, 5 and 6 string basses with an effective string spacing width up to 3.3". 4.25" long x 1.25" wide x .75" high. Direct replacement for Carvin Soapbar pickups as found on the Icon and other bass models. Neck position is 9.2k ohms. Bridge position is 11.4k ohms. Available in black only.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/RAD-HN
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/RAD-HB

Carvin sells these for $85.00 each, or $170.00 for a set. My price: $120.00 + shipping. Will ship anywhere in the USA via USPS Priority Mail.

MM

2. Biga173rd

Biga173rd

Apr 18, 2004
    New York, NY
    Can you post some pics? Also how do these pickups compare to for example Bartolini Classic bass pickups do they have that same punchy and burby sound the barts are known or do they sound more in the nordstand dept?

3. Mystic Michael

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Sorry, no photos. But if it helps, they are identical in appearance, identical in size to the standard Carvin SP soapbars, as follows:

Carvin SP Soapbars

As for the tone, I can tell you that the Carvin Bromberg humbuckers sound smooth, refined, articulate & modern: nicely balanced, with good clarity - but never "ganky" or brittle sounding.

Hope that helps... :meh:

MM

4. Mystic Michael

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    OK, it's time for these babies to move. Price drop to $100 + shipping.

Ya can't beat that with a stick. First come, first served... :meh:

MM

5. Mystic Michael

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Buy now, and I'll throw in the stock Carvin Icon (not Bromberg) preamp that originally came with the instrument - free of charge!

That's a set of custom Bromberg pickups + stock Icon preamp, all for only $100 + shipping. Come and get it... :hyper:

MM

6. Diaos

Diaos

Oct 28, 2012
    I'll take 'em.

Have a sr300 that needs some new pickups. The extra wiring will make the project a little more fun than I'd previously envisioned.

PM sent

7. Mystic Michael

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    PM received and replied. Sale pending...

MM

8. Mystic Michael

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    And sold!

Thanks, Randy! :smug:

MM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.