1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1962 Fender Jazz bass (not a reissue)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RS, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Vintage 1962 Fender jazz bass. All original except the pickguard, thumbrest, decal, and refin. Pro nitro refin in sonic blue. This is probably the best playing vintage Fender bass I’ve played or owned. No ski ramp/neck hump. Very straight and fast neck. 8.7 lbs per previous owner. Clay dots with veneer board. Very even string to string balance and tone up and down the board. A player with collectable value. $5800 plus shipping FIRM. Paypal ok.

My terms:

1. Serious inquires only. Serious = have cash in hand now and willing to spend it. If you need to sell something first before you can pay, need a payment play, or require any other special accommodation, please do not contact me. Also, if you sense your car is about to break down, your dog might need surgery, your spouse might object to you buying another bass, or you may suddenly lose your job, also hold off from PMing me. I am ok with answering a few questions for real buyers but if you want to kick tires or ask a million questions and disappear, please move on. Let’s be respectful of each others time.

2. Lower 48 states buyers only. No international shipping. Don’t even ask. No third party buyer nonsense either.

3. Trades: cash plus an Alleva Coppolo KPB4 is the one trade I would consider. There is nothing else I want. I am sure your Ibanez Soundgear and BC Rich Beast are nice basses, but not this nice, sorry.

4. The price is firm. I could use the cash but don’t absolutely need to sell it. If I change my mind on the asking price, I’ll update the ad. Lowball offers will be summarily ignored.

5. No zero feedback or negative feedback buyers.

6. More pics: Pot codes, neck date, serial number, harness all match to 1962. To complete a deal I will provide more pics as required. I have 10 years on TB and 100% feedback. This is legit bass from a trusted vintage dealer. If I have to take apart my bass only to learn that the sure deal for your Warwick on Craigslist fell through, I’ll be salty and will call you out publicly.

Thanks for looking. PM if the above is cool.

2. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    IMG_0521.

IMG_0517.

IMG_0520-1.

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Sexy bass!
    Good luck with the sale.
    Sonic Blue bump!

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks.

5. Thumper828

Thumper828

Jan 29, 2010
    North Carolina
    How Long have you owned the bass?

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I briefly considered selling my entire bass collection and/or my soul to the Devil at the Crossroads to buy this bass.

Unless....you take souls?
    :D

Awesome bass.

7. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Not to ask a dumb question but is that a ground between the bridge pup and the bridge? :confused: Just thought Id ask. Beautiful bass by the way.

8. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Tempting, but I'd prefer cash.

Thanks for the compliment. It is killer.

9. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Just......WOW!

10. slapmachine

slapmachine

Oct 4, 2010
    PV, Kansas
    I don't drink and I have healthy kidneys and a plethora of bone marrow throughout my bones if any and or all (well not all my bone marrow or even kidneys please) sound like something you're looking for let me know.

I seriously just jazzed my pants when I saw that.

BuMpBuMp

Best regards,

Brooks

11. silvertripper

silvertripper

Mar 12, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the PM Low Class and answering my question, its a ground strap. Thanks!

12. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    How long have you owned it?

13. Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson

Jul 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Bump for an awesome ad. Soundgears lol.

14. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Not trying to pick on anyone but I've routinely gotten very lop-sided trade offers recently.

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

15. toniwonkanobi

toniwonkanobi Supporting Member

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Endorsing: 1964 Ears, LLC.
    I like this guy's style! It seems I am not the only person on TB looking to sell a bass, and concomitantly looking to avoid stupid people! Good luck with the sale man!

16. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Again.

17. RickeyC

RickeyC

Jan 17, 2011
    Arkansas
    Beautiful.. and I'd bet the tone matches its stunning looks!! Great bass!

18. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks! It does,

19. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2011
    PM sent ,,hoping for dialog for a potential deal,,got cash.Meet all requirements but feedback.:bag::bag:

20. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    God why did I click on this thread again?

That bass is just too awesome. It should be illegal. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.