1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - 1963 Fender Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by alanbass1, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    ******SOLD********SOLD*********SOLD********SOLD********SOLD********SOLD*Well, I'm putting this out there and if no takers I will keep her. 1963 Fender Precision Bass all original (although the first seven frets have more meat than the higher frets so I suspect they have been changed - probably a long time ago and a super pro job if this is the case). Although well used the bass has been looked after and plays beautifully and sounds, well it's the best sounding precision I've ever played or heard. The reason I'm thinking of letting her go is that I'm relocating back to the UK on 25th March and I have a bunch of real nice basses awaiting me back home. It would be one less thing to ship back. Price is $SOLD firm plus actual insured shipping costs - I will let the photo's do the talking:

IMG_1746.

NeckDate.

HeadstockFront.

ControlPots.

BackBody.

IMG_1745.

Comes in new re-issue brown tolex Fender case.

*****SOLD******SOLD*******SOLD********SOLD********SOLD********SOLD******

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    WOW

3. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    This bass is as old as I am...if I only had the scratch.

Gorgeous!!

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Ah....ahhh......AHHHH.......MOJO!:eek:

5. Car, Bass, Car,Bass, I guess I still need a mode of transportation to pay the bills, otherwise this baby would be mine. Sweet!

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    :eek: Oh my goodness, that's a beauty! The year of my birth, too. Gah, I'm going to have to buy a lottery ticket now...

7. danomar

danomar

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta
    Bump for an honest, reliable seller.

8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    "The stuff dreams are made of..."

9. svtbass

svtbass Supporting Member

I'm about to leave for practice with my '62. You droolers know how hard these are to come by. You can always find a car....

BUMP!

10. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    You are not wrong there. Although the '62 I have back in the UK is in better cosmetic shape, this '63 plays/sounds better.

11. How do you feel about sending this to Oz? Shipping expenses covered at this end, of course.

Cheers,
    Mark

12. That was supposed to be a PM. It must be close to bedtime.

13. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    Oh my...those photos speak well. The Headstock is near perfect....not many smoky bars on this one. Wont last long.

14. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I have an extra kidney...anyone want to do a 3 way trade?

Jonathan

15. You should bring it with you to the UK and sell it there. Basses tend to go for more there, no?

16. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    I thought I would put it up here to see before going back to the UK but if there are no takers then it comes with me. As you say I would probably get between 4 and 5 GBP in the UK if I sold it there, or I might just keep it and have either this or the '62 as 'my spare'!

17. LiamCohl

LiamCohl

Jan 29, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    would you consider a trade for a Fodera victor wooten monarch deluxe, signed on the back of the headstock? I'll cover shipping for everything to wherever you want.

18. vintageampeg

vintageampeg

Feb 2, 2005
    I"m no collector or vintage bass expert, but last night I was cruising some pricing -- this bass at this price seems like a pretty fine investment opportunity.

19. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

That ain't much firewood for $6750!!! :ninja:

Seriously though, how's the neck? is there ANY twist at all? Does the truss rod work as it should?

Thanks,
    Chris

20. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Whats wrong with this picture? I saw a 64 Fender bass in
    Rudy's, in New York. They wanted $22,000. A 64 Jazz at
    the local GC is $18,000. How is this bass lasting more than
    10 minutes????
    Does anyone know......can you pawn children?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.