1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale FS: 1964 Kay C1 (setup w/ guts & full circle)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by zootsaxes, Mar 28, 2015.

1. zootsaxes

zootsaxes

Mar 6, 2015
    Memphis, TN
    Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Hey gang,
    Pardon the multiple upcoming posts (I've got about 6 basses to sell), but I'm trying to trim down my fleet to get some cash to buy a holy-grail bass (the ONE) that has found it's way to me.

Without further adieu, up on the chopping block first is one killer example of a mid-60's Kay setup with guts (Pirastro Carlos Chorda) and a fishman full-circle pickup.

Pictures tell most of the story, but the proof is in the pudding. This bass can PLAY ! ( -- of the 5 Kays I own, this is the derby winner, for sure.)

Nice and clean. Fingerboard well-dressed, bridge is pretty and fit like a glove, etc.

Hickory end-pin, original rosewood fingerboard and tailpiece.

Gig bag included, no bow.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to see some more pictures! I can also post a youtube video of me playing it later so you can see how easy it is to play and how great it sounds, if that helps... ?

Ships from Memphis, TN. Fed-Ex is pretty cheap here (roughly $300 max to contiguous US), but Greyhoud is much more affordable (usually about $150).

$3500, and it's yours! Paypal is lovely, money-orders are, too.

Thanks for looking.

2. zootsaxes

zootsaxes

Mar 6, 2015
    Memphis, TN
    I'll pay shipping. $3,500, to you door.

3. 834federal

834federal David Brodie

Feb 25, 2012
    Philadelphia
    sa-weeet! bump