Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 1965 Fender Jazz Bass.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rubo, Jun 29, 2004.

1. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    I have 1965 Fender Jazz for sale - Refinished in Cimarron Red, Tuners are from 1970, Bridge & Pots are all Fender reissue. Pickups are single coil Van Zandt Jazz - these cost me $200 US - took about 4 weeks to get it. The sound is as vintage as you can ever get, with lots of output and warmth. The bass is also wired with push/pull switch for series/parallel effect. This bass is a player with tons of growl and killer sustain, so if you're looking for a collectors item, please look away. The neck itself is worth a lot. Unfortunately the heel of the neck was cut down 1/16" by previous owner(s) - I had it professionally fixed by Mike Spicer - former employee of George from FBass for 16 years. Also new holes were drilled, so the neck now sits tight in the pocket without any movement. The neck is straight and was not refinished, so it has that smooth worn in feel to it. The bass weights not more then 9 lb. This bass was refretted as well, I don't know when, but by the looks of it the frets have more then 80 % left, so fairly new. The case is beat up 1970's Fender case, it needs new latch, but is good enough for shipment. I will also include Levy's suede strap and four sets flatwound strings (TI, SIT, GHS, Dean Markley) used only for 5-10 minutes on this bass. Date on the neck is 7 OCT 65 A. Neck Plate serial is L27484. I have tons of pictures so please email me at fizmata@rogers.com for more close ups. My asking price is $2700 US with free shipping by UPS Ground in North America.

Cheers

2. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    Lets try this again $2500 US shipped - before it goes on Ebay.

Cheers

3. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    $2100 US - shipped.

Cheers

4. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    $1600 - shipped, I need to sell it ASAP.

Cheers