1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1973 Gibson EB-0

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Top_Ten, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a nice 1973 Gibson EB-0 in pretty decent condition for a 36 year old instrument. A few dings and scratches, but nothing serious – check the pics and feel free to ask questions.

This bass has the cherry finish, but it has faded to more of a walnut on the front of the body. The original cherry color is much more pronounced on the back of the body and the back of the neck. I took pics both with and without flash to try to capture the true color, so hopefully you can see it.

I did have the original plastic saddle pieces, the saddle screws and the bridge posts replaced so that it would set-up better, but the originals are included with the bass. It comes with the case shown – not sure if it is original, but it looks old enough to be.

Currently set up with flats and plays nice. The frets are somewhat low and flat, but I think that is how these were to start with, as opposed to being the result of wear. In any event, it plays nicely all the way up the neck. And of course it sounds like an EB-0 should!

Serial # is 0558xx stamped on back of the headstock with “Made in USA” below.

Asking $850 shipped to the lower 48.

Thanks for looking!

EB-01.
    EB-010.
    EB-011.
    EB-012.
    EB-013.
    EB-014.
    EB-02.
    EB-03.
    EB-05.
    EB-06.
    EB-08.
    EB-09.
    EB-015.
    EB-016.

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    PM sent, very interested in checking out this beauty.

3. Monday bump.

4. SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.