1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS 1974 Rickenbacker 4001 Burgundy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ajish4, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    Oh how this is killing me to do this. :rollno::rollno::rollno::crying:

Long story short, my son is in Med School. He needs a car, and I have to sell TWO of my LAST FOUR prize Rickenbacker's to help him out.

My camera's auto-focus isn't working so I thought I'd use the same pics from the fellow I bought the bass from.

The bass has NO ISSUES. A FEW (3-4) check marks that are barely noticeable until you turn the bass at the right angle before you can even see them.

This has to be the CLEANEST 74 4001 BG I've even seen. Also, 74 is the LAST YEAR of the "Eggplant Glo" aka DARK EGGPLANT BURGUNDY colored basses that were made. Also has the VERY COOL RED side dot markers.

I've had TOO MANY RICS to count, and you are getting something that SELDOM comes on the market in this condition AND is a KILLER PLAYER both in TONE, FEEL and good looks! ;) Out of MANY I've owned, this is one of FOUR I've kept.

FOR SALE ONLY. As I said, I need the $$$$$ so NO TRADES on this one.

I have $2900.00 invested, that's what I'm asking for. Comes with the OHSC.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/1974-rickenbacker-4001-burgundyglo-red-dots-near-mint-748765/

2. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    Ahh, Tony - the lovely '74 BG. I've wanted this bass ever since I saw the thread where you eventually purchased it. I wish I could help you and your son out with more than a bump, but RhinoShield is currently happening here and that's that.

I'm assuming that you have the old-style "stubby" pickup cover that you bought for this; you might want to mention that. Those go for some serious coin.

3. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    John? That you?

I'm REALLY on the fence about letting this one go. :bawl:

I'm going to let a little time click by and if no interest, I'll possibly put my 1978 4001 Autumn Glo up instead.

This Burgundy plays better, sounds better, but with one just selling on Ebay for $2900.00, and mine is even cleaner, I just may go with that.

Appreciate the BUMP, it was the only one I had, what ever happened to Rickenbacker Love? LoL! I could always get my son a Moped instead! ;)

4. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    Yes, yes. I had to change my username when signing up here because I actually now own three fretted basses. I may have to check the sofa cushions for this one.

5. nightwulf

nightwulf

Feb 27, 2011
    Edmonds Wa
    Oh god, I want...(is it worth robbing a bank for?:) ) (I kid...sorta)

6. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Bump for a great guy! From first hand experience, this is an incredible bass. I sold this to Anthony originally. The cleanest , best sounding vintage Ric I've ever played!

7. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    Pm responded to.

8. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    Bump.....

9. s3lggiW

s3lggiW

Aug 24, 2011
    You say you have "$2,900 invested". Invested in what, exactly? New electronics, refinish, or is that simply what you purchased it for?

10. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    See what old age can do, I THOUGHT I listed as "all original".
    The bass is ALL ORIGINAL.

Original EVERYTHING. I was including my luthier costs, new TI strings, and setup.

If it's not sold by this weekend, I think I'm just going to keep this one.

Again, this bass is original, it has NOT been refinished.

11. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    AND...... $OLD!!!

Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.