1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1975 Fender Precision w/OHSC (big pics)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EagleMoon, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need to sell this to fund my other purchases. :eek: I am the original owner. Bass is all original everything except finish which has been sanded and oiled. Plays and sounds great. Nice low action and everything works fine. Frets have lots of life left because it spent most of it's time with flatwounds on it, then spent 10+ years in the case. I have other pics if anybody wants them.

Listed this on Ebay a week or so ago and had some Nigerian con-artist bid on it who had stolen some little old lady's account :( . So I'm offering it here before I relist it there. $1500 including shipping.

75PrecisionBodyHardware.
    75PrecisionBackHeadstock.
    75PrecisionBackBody.
    75PrecisionEndNeck.
    75PrecisionPickups.

2. That's supposed to say "includes shipping".

3. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Any pics of the front of the headstock?

4. Sure. Here's a closeup of the numbers and a full headshot.

75PrecisionNumbers.
    75PrecisionFrontHeadstock.

5. Price drop to $1350 before this goes back to eBay. I'd rather to sell it to somebody here that I know will get use out of it.

I might consider trades if you have something I don't have, but mainly I'd like to sell it.

6. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Any estimate on the weight of this?

7. 9 lbs. on the bathroom scale.

8. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    hi its Dave C..... form;y from Ohio, now in Tampa ... i emailed you a couple times when your bass was on Ebay ...!!

i was about to bid, and would have won, with about 2 minutes remaining , when our con-man a-hole stepped in ...

regrettably , i bought another bass the next day ...

but i am still very, very interested ..!! but i'll be in Europe until 9/12 .... the expenses of that trip will influence what i'll be buying soon after ....

so if it's still around ...????

sorry , for both of us , that the Ebay ad was screwed up ...!!
    it would be here by now ...!!! damn ...

take care;
    Dave C.

9. Hi Dave!

Nice to hear from ya!

Yeah, that was a real bummer about Ebay, but at least the lady who's account was highjacked should be safe now. The guy came in at the last few seconds and won the bass, but it really made me suspicious when they didn't have a U.S. mailing address, plus the fact that he violated the shipping terms. I wrote Ebay right away and told them about it. Apparently this is getting more and more common nowdays. :eyebrow: :eek:

Have a good trip and maybe I'll talk to you when you get back.

10. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Do you have a picture of the whole bass?

11. Sure. Here are two.

75PrecisionFullBody.
    75PrecisionInCase.

12. bump

13. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    On the pic of the rear of the headstock it appears that the edge of the G string tuner plate is sticking out over the edge of the headstock but in the pics of the front of the headstock I can't tell.

14. It does stick out a teeny bit but not so you notice in the front. It's not as obvious as it looks in the picture. It's always been that way and I've seen other basses just like it. Seems to be a Precision thing, the way the headstock was cut.

Here's a better picture:
    75PrecisionTunerCloseup.

15. Would also consider trades. Mainly I'm looking for something with a thinner neck.

16. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That is a gorgeous bass! :eek:

17. All PM's have been answered.

Still available!

18. jdier

jdier

May 28, 2003
    I just sent payment for this baby. Cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Thanks Pat.

Jim

19. You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.