Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 1975 Precision in nearly perfect condition

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BCinU, Nov 12, 2004.

1. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    I'm offering one of my Fender Precisions for sale. I'll be posting photos over the weekend.

I purchased this bass earlier this year on impulse. Generally, I'm very pleased with it, but as I have a 73 precision that I play all the time, its been sitting in the closet too much to justify. Here are the stats:

1975 Fender Precision
    Olympic White body
    Black pick guard
    Maple neck/fretboard/headstock
    Original pickups
    Thumbrest
    Chrome bridge and pickup covers
    New Rotosound flats
    Original case

This bass is beautiful and all original. The finish is nearly perfect, and has aged to a lovely pale yellow/cream, with the expected "crazing". The frets have never been touched, and the fingerboard is like new.

I purchased this from eBay for $1,600.00, and I wasn't at all disappointed. It is about as clean as any mid-70's Precision I have ever seen.

2. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    My recollection of the auction info was that it weighed in at about 9 lbs. I only have a bathroom scale available, so I'm unlikely to get much more accurate than that.

3. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    Not unless you happen to have some parts for an LT1 Camaro laying around. I need a roll cage and brake upgrade. ;)

4. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    Bump. No one wants to even make me an offer?

5. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
  6. BCinU

BCinU

Jun 24, 2004
    Florida
    Thanks, but I need the cash. :)

7. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003