Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: 1976 Fender Jazz VG Condition!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cecile, Apr 13, 2005.

1. I'm thinking about selling my 76' jazz bass. It's in amazing condition; the neck is perfectly straight, there's not a lot of scratches for a 29 year old bass, only a few tiny dings. The only parts that are not original is the pickguard and knobs, a hipshot drop D tuner has been added. I will include a soft case. I'm looking for $1,300 obo. sorry no trades
    thanks for your interest,
    cecile

[​IMG]

2. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    Ash or Alder? Exact weight? Exact measure from the nut to the bridge pickup?

Cheers

3. I'm have no clue what kind of wood it is. It's 11.5 pounds and about 31.5 inches from the nut to the bridge pickup.

4. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    That's a real beauty! (Free bump ;) )

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    I'd say ash (northern), a la Marcus :bassist: , at 11.5 lbs. If I had the cash. . . I've been wanting to pick up a '76 or '77 jazz.

6. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Do you have the original parts and what kind of gig bag are you including?

7. pm sent

8. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Any other pics?
    Back would be cool?

3 or 4 bolt neck?

Rob

9. It's a 3 bolt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    bump. Still for sale????

11. it's still for sale

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    What a beauty. Not many this clean around.

13. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Somebody refresh my memory on the significance of the 3 vs. 4 bolt neck. Wasn't the 3 supposed to have some kind of micro tilt adjustment?

How solid is the neck?

14. Sorry, I don't know an answer for your first question. By saying solid I'm asuming you mean how well built it is? IMO, it plays better than any Fender American Jazz bass I've played and it is just as good as any other vintage Jazz I've played. It's perfectly straight, and is in fantastic condition.

15. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Reply PM sent.

16. sold!
    thanks guys
    cecile