1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 1977-78 Fender Jazz Bass-100% Original

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Gilsonite, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All,

I really hate to do this, but this bass has been sitting in the case for several years,
    I just prefer playing my 5 strings, and need to raise some spending money.

The serial number starts with S 8, but the pickups and pots are marked 1977, I can send detailed pics of the neck pocket, pots and pickup to serious buyers only.

I have the hang tags and original case, the bass weighs about 11lbs, and the tone is pure marcus, maple neck, ash body, Olympic white that has aged real nicely to a very lite yellowish white. The frets are perfect and have plenty of life, no dead spots or warps, body has typical players wear that I put on in the 80's... this thing sings, I hate to see it go, so if you are serious in checking it out, hit me up before I change my mind...

USA buyer only, sorry... been burned before, Paypal echeck is ok, 2495 shipped and insured for full vintage value.

More Pic's available upon request to serious buyers only. Thanks for looking. :crying:

77jazz.

2. Funkster

Funkster Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Oh my that is beyooootiful!!

3. jonno1707

jonno1707

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    WOW....:eek::eek::eek:
    Bump for a killer bass and a great TBer to deal with...

4. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    holy.

5. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    My I have the honor of this bump?

Very sweet bass.

6. saysiadog

saysiadog

Sep 26, 2008
    My friend has that same exact bass. Gorgeous!! He traded an 08' Modulus Flea Bass 5 for it.

7. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    wow... basicaly my dream bass right here.

I wish I had that kind of $$ right now :atoz:

8. Its seems like we're all going thru this, however, a couple of very identical basses sold on ebay for over 2800.00, I hate to go that route, gonna try to hold off as long as possible.:rollno:

9. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Gil is a straight up cool TB'er. For anybody thinking about this bass, this is the dude to get it from.

10. basspro

basspro Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Las Vegas,NV
    Sure through this in my face, i already have a 75' and 77' but this would fit right in.
    These basses are pure tone monsters.I must resist Bump!

11. Hey J, Thanks for the kind words....:cool:

12. To the top...

13. Traded to Jonno1707

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.