1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 1978 Fender Musicmaster bass - $350 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RonSound, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    I picked this up a few years ago in the most terrible shape you can imagine.

attachment.

A friend offered to refinish it in yellow enamel so I let him do it. It's not a pro job, but it's a hundred times better than it was. It has some chips around the neck pocket and along the bottom edge. There is also some wood missing along the treble side of the 11th fret. You can see it in the pics. There's also a new pickguard, thumb rest, electronics, and pickup cover along with a rewound/repaired pickup (work done by Fezz Parka). The original Fender serial number stickers that were under the old pickguard are now in place on the new pickguard. I also made a sticker for the back of the headstock that has the serial number on it. Also made the volume control a push-pull pot so when it's pulled out the .1 cap is cut out which adds more depth to the sound. Includes non-original gigbag. I noticed this morning that there is some fretting out around the 15th fret. The missing wood at the 11th fret doesn't seem to be noticeable while playing. As a result, I'm going to drop the price to $350 shipped.

musicmaster01_zpsf416fffc.
    musicmaster02_zpse891b9db.
    musicmaster07_zpsac0aa9dc.
    musicmaster09_zpsa400df81.
    musicmaster13_zps6e2d3cfc.

More pics: http://s717.photobucket.com/user/theehman/library/1978%20Musicmaster

2. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    Bump for a nice shortscale workhorse!

3. pinebrookjohn

pinebrookjohn

Oct 24, 2009
    Scranton pa
    How does it play with the messed up fret?

4. conebone

conebone Anime is rad.

Sep 20, 2013
    New Jersey
    I dig the new color choice. A little too pricey for me, especially in the condition it's still in though. Good luck with the sale anyway.

Interested in any trades?

5. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    I noticed this morning that there is some fretting out around the 15th fret. The missing wood at the 11th fret doesn't seem to be noticeable while playing. As a result, I'm going to drop the price to $350 shipped.

6. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Friday bump

7. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bump for Monday

8. Turkeypills

Turkeypills

Nov 8, 2012
    St. Louis
    If only this were in range of my VERY limited spending quota... I actually really dig the finish and black pg.

Bump for a good looking bass.

9. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Yikes, nice save. Those are awesome basses when they are in good condition.

10. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Toosday bump

11. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Bump fo' da Friday

12. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Seriously considering this

13. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bump

14. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bump

15. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Bump ................

16. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Turkey week bump!

17. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bump

listed on ebay now

18. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    bump

beat ebay to the punch!

19. mikepcann

mikepcann

Dec 14, 2010
    Mono Artist
    Would you consider selling just the loaded body?

20. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    I'd rather sell the whole thing. Thanks for asking, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.