1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: 1980 Carl Thompson

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OffTheClef67, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OffTheClef67

OffTheClef67 Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Up for sale, regrettably, is my 1980 Carl Thompson. I’ve owned this bass for 21 years, and I simply don’t use it anymore. The bass was completed 3/27/80 and upon my ownership was completely refurbished to be a player’s bass. A complete fret job, a brass nut insert and bridge reset was done to improve the intonation and playability (action is set at 5/64 at the 16th fret) so the bass plays well with very little effort. All wood joints and laminations on the bass were inspected and a couple of them repaired by an orchestral instrument repairman/luthier as the bass had a few dead spots; this corrected the issue and improved the sound and sustain of the bass as well. Added to the bass are a Hipshot D-Tuner that matches the original Schaller tuners and active electronics. The pickups are stock, and were originally set up to be tapped/phased however they are now wired without this. (Sounds kinda like a Kubicki Ex-Factor, but warmer and more Wal-ish.) Body is walnut, with mahogany and curly maple accents and headstock.
    I figured I’d offer her up here, so she’d get a good home and get played and appreciated much more often. Any further questions I’d be happy to answer. She comes with a nice sturdy hard case and Dunlop locks installed. New set of D’Addario 45-105 Steels. Asking 2800.00, buyer pays shipping and will be insured and packed very well. CONUS only, please don’t ask me to send this out of the country. Paypal is the deal. PM me if interested, for questions, more pix, got a few semi-decent videos too if you’d like to get an idea of how she sounds/plays. Thanks all!

CTANGLE.

CTFRONT.

2. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    Christ, somebody buy this now.

3. zhaomh

zhaomh

Mar 18, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    I will take that!

4. Woah. Sweet bass mate!

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Wow. Great bass for an amazing price!

6. OffTheClef67

Nov 20, 2007
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Thanks guys, sale pending.

7. OffTheClef67

Nov 20, 2007
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    SOLD...it's Puddin Time for a lucky buyer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.